“Wonderful Stay(s) & Experience!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I travel for a living and stay at Hilton properties whenever possible. This year I spent 11 weeks at this facility and I can not say a bad or negative thing about it! The staff here are genuine, accommodating and will go out of their way to see that your stay is satisfactory. If this was not the case, I had many other options to chose from to stay within my lengthy project.
The rooms were always clean and comfortable. There was only 1 night that I had a noisy group beside me and the front desk took care of the issue with a phone call. You were greeted every morning with a smile and a hot breakfast and every evening with smiles and warm cookies.
If I return to Poughkeepsie, I will not hesitate to stay at the Hampton Inn. To see, whom I consider now, my friends. Thanks to all the staff there, for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: During my 11 weeks, I stayed on every floor out of the 5 except for the 1st. I can not say that one...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2013

a warm welcome, comfortable lobby and room. well worth the premium price! good breakfast and fruit, coffee, and hot chocolate available all day. got a free upgrade to a suite. good location only a few minutes from poughkeepsie

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton in Poughkeepsie for three nights during the Thanksgiving weekend. The facilities are clean, light and welcoming. Our king suite was huge and the staff was happy to provide us with roller beds. The breakfast was fine with tremendous selection of cereals and foods such as waffles, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc. The quality of eggs and coffee was ok- not great, but this was compensated for by the large food selection which was kept well stocked by an attentive staff. The high point for us was the quality of the staff- they were so welcoming, helpful and friendly. This added tremendously to our stay. We accidentally booked the wrong week for our visit- not realizing this until we arrived a week late! The staff could not have been more helpful in getting us set up in a new room (at no charge). We enjoyed the pool and hot tub- though would have liked it even better if it was a little warmer. The location of the hotel is convenient - on route 9, close to Spackenill! We will definitely be returning to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I love staying at Hampton Inns. Everything is always perfect. The rooms are clean and the linens are so crisp and so very comfortable! The breakfast area is great and the food was more than I anticipated. Close to downtown and some really good restaurants! I'd return there again and any other Hampton Inn. Always a great place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We are so grateful for your loyalty to all Hampton Inns and glad you enjoyed your over all experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed at the Poughkeepsie Hampton Inn for 1 nite (11/5) and stayed in room 521. So happy I chose Hampton Inn. Was meeting friends for dinner and decided not to drive the 3 hours back to NJ. I'm never disappointed when I choose Hampton Inn hotels - they are always clean & consistent, and breakfast in the AM. It was nice to see that they included make-up remover with their selection of body wash, cream & shampoo. Location is great for work/play in the Poughkeepsie area. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I'm the 'crazy' person who travels with Clorox wipes.....so I really am impressed knowing that the duvets are laundered and there is NO chance that I could be sleeping with the exposed blanket from the previous guest! Great chocolate cookies at the front desk at night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hi Gina
Thank for the great review about our hotel. We really do love our hotel and take great pride in it.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Sad to say that this Hampton was not as good as the one in Harrisonburg PA. The bed puffs were worn-out and sorely need replacing. The ventilation system was the noisiest we experienced in a 10 day road trip where we stayed in 6 different hotels. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel needs some updating. I'm a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in better hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn & Suites would love you to revisit our property. We have recently completed some renovations. Thank you for your wonderful compliment about our staff.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is worth every dime of money spent on the room. Rooms are immaculate. The staff is friendly and professional. The best breakfast bar ever. The rooms are quite. We did have an issue with my tablet not getting internet so I just used their convenient business center.

Room Tip: Clean, hotel is very new. great staff.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Diane
We are so sorry to hear about your wifi connection problems. We have upgraded our complimentary wifi and sleeping rooms. Thank you for the review

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#5 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!