“Missed Our Email”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the first Hampton Inn that did not respond to our email relating to our upcoming visit to their property. We are Hilton Honors members and love staying at the Hilton properties as we celebrate special occasions such as birthdays, anniversary and holidays while we get away from a quite hectic work schedule. We wished to visit the Vassar Art Museum at the college, the Falcon Jazz Club in Marlboro, NY and hike the scenic Hudson River trails- (all which were fabulous and well worth the trip, especially The Falcon - great music venue run by Tony Falco!), and our home base was this Hampton Inn in Poughkeepsie. We always spell out in an email to the hotel how excited we are to visit their area and the reason for such, this time it was to celebrate a birthday. We usually are greeted at the front desk when we check in with a joyous greeting specifically citing the reason for our celebratory weekend; at the Poughkeepsie Hampton Inn, not a single word was mentioned. We also usually get a card with a special little gift in our room; this time we had nothing. After checking in and leaving to go out for dinner, I actually stopped and asked the front desk if they read our email, and they admitted "No, we did not" and left it at that. I am sure that this was a slight oversight, and that we truly are spoiled by the excellent service and considerations of the other Hilton properties we have emailed and stayed at. The hotel itself was OK, but next time, I will stay at another Hilton property in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Wilson,

Thank you for reaching out to us prior to your stay and again via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we are so sorry for missing your original correspondence. We do our best to make every guest feel valued and welcome and I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and hope you will give us a second chance to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Monika Wojcik-GM

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn located in Poughkeepsie. It's definitely the nicest hotel I've stayed at in that area. The staff was friendly and the room was decent. Nice little breakfast area. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We truly do have an amazing staff and they do such a great job to make sure that our guests feel at home and have an exceptional stay - thank you for noticing!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were looking for a hotel for our visit to Hyde Park and came across the Hampton Inn - I was a little worried but it really exceeded expectations - this is not a luxury hotel but for the price point I was very satisfied. (note - we were very lucky and got a deal on priceline)

Pros:
Our room was on the first floor and very big
There was a sink outside the bathroom that made getting ready in the morning SO fast -can't say what a relief this was
The room was quiet and clean
Beds were pretty comfortable
Shower had hot water and good water pressure
We had enough towels and did not have to request more
Toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, lotion (the basics)
There was an extra sink, fridge and microwave (definite nice to have)
Wifi worked great and was really easy to log into

Cons:
Breakfast was terrible (this didn't bother us much but wanted to mention)
There were spiders in the room (just kind of weird)
The room was hot - we tried turning down the thermostat to mid-sixties but it stayed in the seventies so I'm not sure what the air-con was doing

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you from the team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie NY for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that you found our breakfast to be short to what you expect. I will share your comments with my breakfast team and find a better solution for our breakfast offering.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed @ the Hampton one night to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. The room was big, nice and clean. Some stains on the carpet. My biggest disappointment was the lack of customer service at check in. Nothing was explained to me and i felt rushed out. My bill was slipped under my door and housekeeping came knocking way before my check out time which made us feel like we were being rushed out. The hotel is very nice, they just need to work on those things. I would stay here again if they work on their customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnSuitesGM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Tameka,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service at check-in and assure you this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed the issue with our staff and the next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service.
Monika Wojcik-General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

4 ladies met for a reunion and we had adjoining rooms - nice living area with refrigerator. everything was super clean and spacious. we took our snacks downstairs to the outside patio in the late afternoon. I was able to us the gym facilities with new disposable ear buds and a tv on each machine to help pass the time. We enjoyed our leisurely complimentary breakfast each morning. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: we had one suite with living space and refrigerator and extra sink
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I've shared your kind words with our entire staff and they are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is truly valued. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY. Please contact us for your next reservation!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights with our two teenage sons. We rented a room with two queen beds and sofa bed. The room was very spacious and comfortable and clean. We were visiting the Culinary Institute of America and location was about 7 miles, but still convenient and easy shot to CIA. The staff was very nice and pool and spa were nice. We would definitely stay here again. The only suggestion is to bring your own pillow as there pillows were too soft for my taste.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay with us in ….. The entire staff truly appreciates your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please contact us the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love Hampton Inns. The rooms are nice size, well-kept and the staff is always very helpful. The breakfast room here is very nice. I would say I have had better breakfasts at other Hamptons, but it was adequate. For the money, it is fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were very thankful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#5 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!