“disapopinted”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed @ the Hampton one night to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. The room was big, nice and clean. Some stains on the carpet. My biggest disappointment was the lack of customer service at check in. Nothing was explained to me and i felt rushed out. My bill was slipped under my door and housekeeping came knocking way before my check out time which made us feel like we were being rushed out. The hotel is very nice, they just need to work on those things. I would stay here again if they work on their customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnSuitesGM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Tameka,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service at check-in and assure you this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed the issue with our staff and the next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service.
Monika Wojcik-General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

4 ladies met for a reunion and we had adjoining rooms - nice living area with refrigerator. everything was super clean and spacious. we took our snacks downstairs to the outside patio in the late afternoon. I was able to us the gym facilities with new disposable ear buds and a tv on each machine to help pass the time. We enjoyed our leisurely complimentary breakfast each morning. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: we had one suite with living space and refrigerator and extra sink
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I've shared your kind words with our entire staff and they are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is truly valued. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY. Please contact us for your next reservation!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights with our two teenage sons. We rented a room with two queen beds and sofa bed. The room was very spacious and comfortable and clean. We were visiting the Culinary Institute of America and location was about 7 miles, but still convenient and easy shot to CIA. The staff was very nice and pool and spa were nice. We would definitely stay here again. The only suggestion is to bring your own pillow as there pillows were too soft for my taste.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay with us in ….. The entire staff truly appreciates your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please contact us the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love Hampton Inns. The rooms are nice size, well-kept and the staff is always very helpful. The breakfast room here is very nice. I would say I have had better breakfasts at other Hamptons, but it was adequate. For the money, it is fine.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were very thankful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Staff was wonderful and check-in and check-out was a breeze. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of foods. Will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We appreciate you filling out our review on TripAdvisor! the staff is greatly invested in their property, looking to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing their efforts, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Beds ooo I need one for my house.. This was my second visit and Hampton Inn did not disappoint. This location especially. Housekeeping staff was great they even make those towel animals-- my children love them.. Monica was very nice and offered us dinner recommendation to Steffanos in Wappingers Falls- delicious Italian food. We will stay at this Hampton again soon

Room Tip: Two queen beds suite great for family of 4
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your review and recommendation to other travelers. Your kind words and mention of future visits mean the world to us. If there is anything we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this nice Hampton Inn recently prior to going on to the Culinary Institute for a wine pairing course and later that evening a lovely dinner at the American Bounty restaurant.

So, the Hampton Inn is just a 10=15 minute ride right down Rt. 9 North to the Culinary Institute, Hyde Park, the Vanderbilt Mansion and historic Rhinebeck.

This is the East side of the Hudson River so you have easy access across the river to the NY Thruway (87).

I recommend you visit this lovely part of NY and stay at the Poughkeepsie Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LancasterTraveler
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you had a great family getaway and we are looking forward to your next stay with us!. I am also glad you enjoyed our town - we have some amazing restaurants and shops and I am glad you were able to enjoy what Poughkeepsie has to offer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!