“Comfortable Room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night while visiting the Culinary Institute of America. We had the Vassar College Suite which was quite nice. It had plenty of room for four. The two queen sized beds were quite comfortable. My daughter slept on the pull out couch which was not as comfortable. She said that she could feel the bar in the middle of the bed. The sinks are outside of the bathroom, as the bathroom just had enough room for the shower and toilet. The shower was nice with a waterpick shower head but for someone who is rather tall, the shower head hit me in the forhead. Made it difficult to wash my hair. There is also a "kitchenette" with a microwave (complimentary popcorn is a nice touch), coffee maker and fridge. The complimentary breakfast was nice. Make your own waffles, bagels, cereal and fresh fruit. The eggs were average (premade omlette style) and the ham was decent. I personally loved the waffles with the fresh strawberries. All in all I recommend that you stay. The location was perfect right on and off of Route 9 North.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemarie V
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad you decided to give our hotel a try and found the amenities and the customer service were more than you expected. Thank you for staying with us and you look forward to seeing you when...

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in early June with a friend and her two sons. We were greeted by two very friendly front desk agents upon arrival. Check in was a breeze, which was nice after a long plane ride from Florida. We had two rooms, and both were very nice and clean. The shower door in my friends room fell off one night, and after notifying the front desk of the problem, someone came up to fix it later the next day.

The hotel is in a beautiful area, and not too hard to find. It's near some interesting attractions, and is about an hour and a half drive to NYC, which isn't too bad. There is a train station nearby that will take you to the city if you prefer, however we didn't get to ride it (too expensive).

My friend and I are both Hilton team members, and we were very pleased with how great our stay was! Her boys even made lots of friends with the hotel staff and several other guests. If I am ever in the Poughkeepsie area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank amr516

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites for you recent stay in Poughkeepsie. We are pleased to hear you found the staff to be friendly and the hotel in a great location. We are so glad you loved your stay and hope to see you again soon! In hospitality,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend for one night and it was a great stay at a good hotel. The staff was very friendly. They were able to honor my request for an early check-in when I called ahead like they suggested, which was very nice since I had somewhere to be. I was very glad they could accommodate my special request, thank you!

We were only in the room to quickly change and then when we came back late at night to sleep, but it was a very comfortable stay and the room was very clean! No problems with noise even though it seemed like a fairly busy weekend. Breakfast was very busy in the morning so we took our food back to our room since there was no where to sit, but that's to be expected at 9:30am on a Sunday! The front desk staff was helpful in printing some directions for us in the morning.

I do agree with someone who said getting to the hotel was a bit tricky. It's right off a main road. However, from the direction I was coming, I had to go down a side street to enter and I drove past the entrance at first because it really just looks like a back driveway to a restaurant and I didn't realize it also led to the hotel. Once you figure it out though, it's very easy to get in and out of the hotel!

Overall, it was definitely a great stay at a good value and this is definitely where I'd stay again when in the Poughkeepsie area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KristaLeeH
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our property. I've shared your comments with our staff at our recent team huddle. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Poughkeepsie, NY. We're delighted you chose to stay with us!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is excellent overall. Large rooms, quiet air conditioner, friendly staff, good breakfast, and nice workout room. The only downside was the pool. We didn't use it but the room was very hot and humid, and a little crowded the night we were there.
The rates were reasonable during our stay. This is definitely one of the better Hamptons I have stayed at.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BekkaPhil
HamptonInnSuitesGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you kindly for your glowing recommendation of our hotel. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. Good breakfast and friendly staff. About what you would expect from a Hampton. The hotel is a little hard to find as it is hidden behind a Ramada.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LaurLaw

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We truly do have an amazing staff and they do such a great job to make sure that our guests feel at home and have an exceptional stay - thank you for noticing!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stopped at this hotel for 2 nights during the halfway point during a road trip me and my friends were taking. We found it online and the prices were comparable to the other hotels in the area but as this seemed like the newest we decided to stay here. We made the right call. The breakfast both mornings was very large and they switched up the hot items which was nice. We had gotten a two queen suite, and it was plenty of space for the 3 of us. You can tell this hotel is still fairly new as everything was very clean. All the staff was smiling the entire time and were more than happy to point us to some fun places to try out. We weren't expecting to find much in the area but they gave us enough to fill up our time here. Will be hitting this hotel on our way back home for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jerry H

Thank you so much for writing about your stay with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to provide you with such good service. I will be sharing your examples with the staff today and we are happy that we were able to make such a pleasant visit for your family!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have stayed here several times we have always found the hotel very clean and neat. The staff is extremely helpful and had a real concern for us to get the most out of our stay. Whenever we are in this area the Hampton Inn in Poughkeepsie is our choice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stevec418
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We are so delighted to read you are a returning guest and have had great experiences every time. It is great to read you’ve enjoyed the our employees. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites in Poughkeepsie and we look forward to hosting you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!