“Top-shelf, that's all I can say!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Worth every penny and they allowed us an exception to have dogs this weekend for the show.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank GSDNewHampshire
GMHamptonInn_Suites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Hello - I appreciate you staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. I hope to have you stay with us again real soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed overnight at the spur of the moment after our car broke down while visiting SUNY New Paltz. Walked in and was given a room immediately. I worry about staying in inexpensive chain hotels especially since we were told most of the hotels in New Paltz are dives. The car rental agency was in Poughkeepsie and I was very relieved to walk into this Hampton Inn and see how spotless everything was. They are going out of their way to prove themselves as clean and sanitary which makes the whole stay much more relaxing. Only there for a night, but the front desk was very helpful with the few direction questions we had and the free breakfast hit the spot. If my daughter decides on SUNY New Paltz, this will be our go-to hotel each time we are there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nova99

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites for you recent stay in Poughkeepsie. We are pleased to hear you found the staff to be friendly and the hotel in a great location. We are so glad you loved your stay and hope to see you again soon! In hospitality,

Reviewed March 11, 2012

It is a bit of a shame that I only give three stars, because I found the staff incredibly helpful: They offered to let me leave my car there while I took the train to NYC for 4 days, when the room (and hotel) didn't have a bottle opener, a staff member found his own personal one and lent it to me, they helped arrange taxis etc etc.. Very professional, friendly service.

However, the room was lacking - we were directly above the AC units for the building, so they were going off every 15 minutes. We were woken up at midnight by the person in the next room (through the adjoining doors) when he was watching TV, the duvet was lumpy from being washed too many times (if it starts to get lumpy THROW IT OUT)

Breakfast was fine - standard Hapmton Inn, but something for everyone, lots of coffee, fruit, yoghurt etc. with all of the hot stuff too.

Would I stay here again? No probably not.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road (EAST) are, paradoxically, quieter becauseo f the AC units
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chrisb1976

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were very thankful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight for my birthday and couldn't be happier with the accommodations of this Hampton Inn. Clean suite with impeccable attention to detail (even a swan sculpture on our king-sized bed made of towels was too nice to take apart!) And unlike other, more pricier choices, ultra QUIET! Being a weekend, the following Sunday morning breakfast buffet was jam-packed..as crowded as I ever saw in a Hampton Inn. We had gotten there just as the kitchen was closing so we couldn't get fresh scrambled eggs and had to rely on waffles, cereal and yogurt. Even still, the hostess could have been more polite when my wife asked her if she was bringing out any more eggs. Nonetheless, the fresh coffee made up for it. For those interested, the world famous Culinary Institute of America is a short drive into Hyde Park, where we enjoyed a 5-star meal for my birthday.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad you decided to give our hotel a try and found the amenities and the customer service were more than you expected. Thank you for staying with us and you look forward to seeing you when...

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, Feb 13 and 14. The hotel is perfectly situated right off of Route 9. I was in town earlier than planned, but the hotel was very accommodating by letting me check in at 1:30 pm. The fitness center is very up to date, which is nice in order to get in a workout on the road. I would also recommend Cappuccino's basement bar for a cocktail or even dinner. Kelly was the bartender on Monday and her sister Jessica was the bartender on Tuesday. Both were very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint would be the hours of the fitness center. It's posted as not opening until 6:00 am, which is kind of late in my opinion. The good thing is that I went down at 5 am and the wonderful front desk attendant opened it up early for me. I don't understand why fitness centers can't be open 24 hours/day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay with us in ….. The entire staff truly appreciates your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please contact us the next time your travels bring you to Poughkeepsie, NY.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

A simple hotel that was perfect for an overnight. The room was spacious and clean with a flat screen that was great. I didn't like my first room which was too close to the elevator for me (I'm a light sleeper) and they helped me right away and got me another room. He put me on the top floor so that I "wouldn't have any noise from above" which I thought was really considerate and customer friendly. Bed was comfortable; pillow was a bit lumpy. The shower/water pressure was amazing! Breakfast was such a convenience. All in all, a great stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the highway though I really didn't hear any noise. It's possible the ot...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Windsong70

We appreciate you filling out our review on TripAdvisor! the staff is greatly invested in their property, looking to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing their efforts, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Relative new and conveniently located on Route 9 W, this hotel is clean, well maintained and near shopping, colleges and Hudson Valley sights. Mediocre breakfast and terrible coffee, but lots of good places for dinner or lunch nearby.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a student group-there always seem to be high school athletic teams here for tournam...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveDELIWEAR

We are so delighted to read you are a returning guest and have had great experiences every time. It is great to read you’ve enjoyed the location and the breakfast. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites in Poughkeepsie and we look forward to hosting you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!