“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxfields

Maxfields
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Massena, New York
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is supposed to be the best place in town. The atmosphere is nice and it seemed like a great place to enjoy a nice meal with family or friends. The open view of the bar with TV's from anywhere in the dining area is a bit distracting. The real issue is the food. My clam chowder was probably the BEST tasting chowder I've had in a long time, but it was lukewarm. The server brought our entrees before we were done with the soup - and just stood there waiting for us to move our half-empty bowls to the side. I had the Ahi Tuna ($25) which was agenerous portion, but one filet was riddled with sinew and inedible. All told, dinner for 2 with soup, main course and only 1 cocktail was over $70 before the tip. Additionally the waitress asked my favorite question, "are you still working on that". I always feel like I should have a hammer and saw when asked that question. I would go again, but stick to the pub food - it's probably the only good value.

• Visited November 2013

Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have come to this place at least a couple times a year for the last 4 years and have not been disappointed.

Key West, Florida
“Great Parent's Weekend find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We knew finding a decent meal on Parent's Weekend would be dicey, and I put my college student son on the task. He found Maxfield's, and off we went with a few hungry boys in tow. Great, interesting food and superb service. Two of the boys had very large steaks, my husband had sea bass (which he loves), one boy had an interesting pork schnitzel and I had a wonderful salad the size of my head! Everyone was stuffed and satisfied. Our server, despite the large crowd, was attentive, cheerful and friendly. I had to recommend this, as it will be even harder to get a table when we're up visiting, but so glad we found it!

1 Thank Megan B
Evanston, Illinois
“A wonderful dining place in a small town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Granted that Potsdam is a small town, it is home to nearby universities where visiting families and friends get to enjoy the area. The restaurant offers a terrace view of the river. The service is quick and the staff are definitely friendly. We only stayed for dessert and tea so I hope to return and try their table d'hote menu.

New York
“Good - dependable - variety - quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Maxfields has indoor, outdoor and pub sections. I enjoyed the evening in the back on the deck with view of the Raquette River. My dinner was light; Cobb Salad - with all the appropriate ingredients. I t was a solid portion and a reasonable price. They have everything from steaks and seafood to burgers and light food. Please is clean, well run.

• Visited September 2013