“food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A choice place for dinner and bar in the town, locals favoret. Good kitchen, reasonable price and has a service balkony over river at the back, which is very romantic.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We've been to Maxfield's twice this month. If you stick to the Boss burger you will be fine and the steak is usually quite good. But my girlfriend's Caesar Salad was terrible and her Salmon was very bland. The back porch is a great place to relax with a pint of beer though. Hopefully their food quality will improve.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Things were hopping in Potsdam this past weekend. The streets were crowded with folks attending reunions, the street/craft/vendor fest, among other local goings-on. My husband and I needed a bite to eat this past Friday evening, at a time when lights were out at many other early-closing nearby eateries. I was reluctant to settle upon Maxfield's but had no other choice. I feared lousy bar food from this loud, bustling hang out. My fears were unfounded, I'm happy to say.

My husband and I were seated on the deck, which was nicely decorated with flowers and lights. It looked like Girls Night Out at several of the other tables. Although our expectations were low, we ended up really enjoying ourselves and our food. My salad with parmesan crusted chicken was perfect. My husband really liked his shrimp cocktail and caprisi salad. Once the mosquitoes started eating us alive, we couldn't wait to leave. For a few moments, I wondered if we should've eaten dinner indoors rather than on the deck. I quickly came to my senses while exiting through the indoor section. The noise inside Maxfield's was way to loud for my liking and comfort. Dinner on the deck was a good choice for us. All in all, were were glad we found this restaurant and would be willing to return during another visit to Potsdam.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Not too shabby, but the service is heading down hill in a hurry. They have people scattered all over the place. We finally had to leave our table and order from the bar as no one was available to take our order. Dinners are overpriced for their quality level, and it seems that the place is simply resting on their laurels. We are Maxfields, we have a deck, take it or leave it. Its just been the same place for the last 15 years...nothing has changed. Shake things up a little! I will say, the new evening raw bar is quite refreshing! Stir it up a little Larry, you can do it!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just ate lunch here- fantastic soup & salad- had the pecan & pear salad with Dijon vinagarette- excellent! Came with parmesian encrusted chicken. Best salad I have had in years....