“Charming and Comfortable”
Review of Clarkson Inn

Clarkson Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We just recently spent two nights in this lovely inn. I was in the area for a family reunion and just wanted a clean basic room for my stay.
The staff was wonderful, the room very large and clean with a comfy bed great bath products (go figure). We had a fridge in our room and the staff provided us ice , water and snacks daily.
It was the perfect place to stay, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Since Lake Placid was full with all of the Ironman participants, we had to look further afield. Our small group decided to book the Clarkson Inn in Potsdam, NY as the base for a weekend of hiking in the Adirondacks. While it was just over an hour to drive to our high peaks trailhead, we thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Clarkson Inn. The rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was tasty and filling, and the host and staff were all friendly.
It is also a short walk to a variety of restaurants or the grocery store if you need supplies.
We are glad we chose Clarkson Inn and are looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a great view of the park and river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2014

So easy to find and right by the river. The room was extremely comfortable, the staff were wonderful and they have a lovely lounge area where you can sit all day if you like and drink tea, read the paper and snack on the cookies they provide. Fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MonicaMac
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at this lovely inn over the weekend on business related to Clarkson university. The staff were friendly and the place is gorgeous and immaculate. I suggest you stay at this inn and avoid the "chains" while in the area. The rooms are wonderful and so is the buffet breakfast. It is in walking distance to downtown Potsdam or the Clarkson or SUNY campuses if you want more of a work out. The Inn is on the Racquette River near the Town Park which makes it even more attractive. The Inn is simply outstanding!

Room Tip: Suggest you ask for a room away from Main Street, especially if you like the windows open.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Wonderful room, very friendly staff, good central location. Didn't have reservations and they were extremely accommodating. Room was wonderful, very spacious and hotel was easy access to downtown and restaurants. Beautiful view and walk along the Raquette River. Potsdam is a really nice Adirondack Community. Our first time there and we enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After coming to town for many years and staying elsewhere,I finally had the opportunity to stay at the Clarkson Inn for a night.
What a wonderful experience from arrival to departure!

The location of the hotel is great, alongside a peaceful river and park in the center of town.
I enjoyed walking the grounds and taking pictures of the sunset from the back of the property.

The room was well decorated in Victorian Inn style, and very comfortable. Nice touches like a personalized "Welcome" letter from the Manager, and two bottles of water and snacks on the table were a nice greeting. There were also fresh robes in the closet and a nice sitting area in a "bay window" shaped alcove, with great views of the riverfront.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom amenities were good. Free WIFI worked great too.
The one thing I had overlooked while booking was that there was no complimentary breakfast available, as there is in many other hotels I stay at. It didn't really matter, though, as I had noticed a little bagel shop across the street that stood in quite well!

I'd gladly make the Clarkson Inn my first choice on future business trips.

Room Tip: I loved my room on the upper floor and back side to enjoy views of the park and river!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel....clean...staff wonderful...historic puctures on walls... ..and quiet! And the bed and pillows (huge issue for me) 5 star quality. ..we came for 3 days with our for our daughters orientation at SUNY POTSDAM....try Maxfields right across the street from the clarkson....good food...good vibe...good times! We recommend staying here to all!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Hampton Inn Potsdam
#4 of 7 in Massena
Northern Family Motel
Northern Family Motel
#5 of 5 in Potsdam

Been to Clarkson Inn? Share your experiences!