“My favorite hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Liverpool, New York
“My favorite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been staying at the Clarkson inn for 13 years periodically. The people are so welcoming and it's definitely one of the cleanest hotels I've ever been in. I've stayed at the best chains in the world and I would rate the Clarkson Inn up there with them. It's so quaint and cozy and am looking forward to them opening up the little bistro and bar.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are a great size for your money.

Enjoy the morning breakfast. Then either go out and have an outdoor adventure, visit one of the three colleges in the area, explore a snowmobile trail, or border hop to Canada. Make sure, though, you plan to have at least one afternoon tea in the inn's lobby. Tea, crumpets, scones, and lemon squares to name a few treats.

If your checking in for a college event, be sure to reserve a room well in advance. Up to a year for some events like college graduations.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

As a graduate from Clarkson University - I can remember staying at this hotel when first visiting the campus with my family as a junior in high school in 2002. I returned to the Clarkson Inn this past weekend while attending the Clarkson v. Union hockey game with my significant other.

I had first requested an early check in and was accommodated no problem by the staff. Was greeted by the women at the front desk and was shown our room location. Luckily we were only staying one night but for anyone who was carrying more then a couple bags or the elderly I would imagine it would be difficult to get your bags up to your room as there is no elevator only a stairwell.

Rooms are dated but very clean and quant. Service was fantastic through and through. Surprisingly it's one of the cheaper high end hotels (I use the word high end in Potsdam very lightly, there are some really sketchy spots to spend the night other then the big chain hotels and the Clarkson Inn).

I'm looking forward to spending some time next year at the Clarkson Inn when we return for our annual Clarkson hockey game.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Slate Hill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I just wanted to say "thank you" for our wonderful stay this weekend. It was our first visit to your hotel and I can not begin to tell you what a nice, relaxing time we had!! From the front desk right down to the housekeeping staff ... it was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Newtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was such a pleasure to stay in such a nice hotel and for such a reasonable price. The Clarkson Inn is clean and warm and nicely decorated. My room was warm...it was -14 outside at the time, there was fresh ice in the bucket, a small snack and a bottled water waiting for me.
Haley, at the front desk, was very helpful with dinner suggestions and just a nice person to speak with in general.
Breakfast, the next morning, was a very nice continental breakfast, eggs to order, as well as all of the usual breakfast breads, oatmeal, fresh fruit. The tables were set with linen table cloths, real silverware and china place settings. Coffee was served in a china cup with a saucer.
I will be back. Thank you for such a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed on a Saturday night after bringing our daughter back to SUNY Potsdam. We also went to see a Clarkson Hockey game. The hotel is perfectly situated between the 2 colleges.

The room was spacious and clean with an excellent bathroom and vanity area. It has also been updated with a flat screen TV. As typical, Potsdam was cold but the room was toasty warm.

The continental breakfast the next morning was very good. My wife had a cheese omelet, crispy bacon, hot tea and fresh fruit. I enjoyed a bagel with salmon, hot oatmeal and good coffee.

We will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very nice hotel, clean, nicely decorated and very well managed. Great breakfast. The management were very welcoming of our 4 kids! Large room, clean, quiet and comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Hampton Inn Potsdam
#4 of 7 in Massena
Northern Family Motel
Northern Family Motel
#4 of 5 in Potsdam

Been to Clarkson Inn? Share your experiences!