“Thank You”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
NY
“Thank You”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had checked in The Clarkson Inn Potsdam New York in 1st of January 2013. The weather was very cold and snowy but really the minute I entered the hotel I felt a very warm welcome from the manager (Mr. George Lavigne) and the reception and everything is just perfect in this place from the housekeeping, manager, and reception. Due to the comfort I felt in this hotel, it made me stay longer than I had originally planned. The friendly attitude from everybody made me feel like I am at home. Even though Potsdam New York is far away from my country Kuwait, I am really thinking to come to Clarkson Inn again and again for holidays. I want to thank especially the manager Mr. George Lavigine and the reception personal Petty, Deb, Claire, and Bob, and all the other reception staff if I cannot recall their names.
P.S. The location of the Clarkson Inn is premier location near everything in Clarkson within walking distance and the design of the building and the rooms is just perfect. The rooms are nice and roomy.
Kind Regards
Saleh Al- Mutawa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Wilton, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me say this, without a doubt, we've been coming to Potsdam for the last 3 years and for the last 3 years we've been staying at the Clarkson Inn. The reason we first went to the Clarkson Inn was due to the convience of it being walking distance to the town of Potsdam and a two minute ride by car to Potsdam College. The friendly, clean, (very clean) rooms, the staff from the chamber maids to the people who are at the front desk, hands down professionals. I wish more establishments can train their people the way the Clarkson Inn must train theirs. My wife and I always, I mean always feel very much at home here. I LOVE THIS PLACE! The rooms are cozy, comfortable, clean and once you step inside, you feel like you've gone back in time when it comes to the hospitality of everyone. They have all the modern things that people look for now in a hotel. WiFi, Cable TV and delicious complimentary coffee, and tea. I always hate checking out because you get very spoiled on how you are treated here. Sound crazy but I was telling my wife that when our daughter graduates from Potsdam College, we'll still probably come here just so that we can live the Clarkson Inn Experience!
Oh by the way, if you want to go back to what it was like having breakfast, lunch or dinner, you have to check out Mom's Schoolhouse Diner in West Potsdam. It's about a 15 minute ride from the hotel but Mom (Sharon Bastille) and her husband run what use to be a one room schoolhouse that is now a restaurant. Great, great people and everything is homemade. Pancakes are light as a feather. They really take an interest in their customer too! Check out their website!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter what room you choose. They are all great. They only have 2 floors and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank trvlgman823
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Clarkson Inn is a surprising find in upstate NY. The hotel is immaculate and renovated to a comfortable modern style in keeping with the Victorian origins of the hotel. The lobby is amazing with high ceilings and a warm fireplace. Each room is appointed with period furniture and modern amenities to provide a comfortable and memorable experience. Don't miss the wonderful brunch or afternoon tea offered right within the hotel. A great weekend escape!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Belmont
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Without a reservation, I checked in early due to special needs. From the moment I stepped up to the desk, the friendly and courteous staff went over the top to make my stay comfortable. This is the place to stay within a 50 mile radius.

Shrub Oak, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I travel a lot and usually stay at big name hotels. For my trip to the Potsdam area I took a chance and stayed in the Clarkson Inn. It was a wonderful experience! The staff is "classy" and polite. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was served on china dishes! The food selection was superb. I am now a hotel snob and will only stay there! Thank you, Clarkson Inn for the best night's sleep!

Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay at the Clarkson Inn. I typically stay at a local chain about 20 minutes south of Potsdam but The Clarkson was highly recommended. I was greeted at the counter with a handshake from the owner upon arrival. Just missed afternoon tea (something my wife would have been greatly disappointed about). Once in my room, two staff members showed up with water and snacks. Although slightly dated, the room was comfy. Poor cell service but what should I expect being so close to the Canadian border. Breakfast was terrific. Real porcelain dishes and cups--no paper dishes here. Use of the local college gym for health nuts is part of the package. Won't be staying at the chain hotel ever again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

George, the manager, provides great customer service. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. Loved the free bottle of water and sun chips in the room. I will definitely stay here on my next visit!

1 Thank Mike W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Hampton Inn Potsdam
#4 of 7 in Massena
Northern Family Motel
Northern Family Motel
#5 of 5 in Potsdam

Been to Clarkson Inn? Share your experiences!