Clarkson Inn
$139
Hampton.com
Potsdam Inn(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
$70
Northern Family Motel(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
$99
$74
$65
$62
Priceline
$120
Best Western University Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
$176
$75
QualityInn
$134
$130
All reviewsthe riversuny potsdamwithin walking distancethe general managerhigh teacharming hotelrooms are largeno elevatorin townmovie theaterbreakfast buffet isbeautiful parkpersonal letterplace to stayice bucketcoffee and teacookies
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This Inn is very charming and clean. The service is excellent and I get a kind note from the manager George every time I stay. The town is safe and the grounds are wonderful to take a walk near the water and ducks. My son is a student at SUNY Potsdam so this Inn works out so well for our family when we visit or drop him off to school.

Jacqueline

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Clarkson Inn a few times and each time we are there, it feels as if we are on vacation, even if it's just for one night. The welcoming staff at the front desk are always helpful and delightful. The hotel itself is just beautiful and the landscapers do an outstanding job in keeping it spectacularly groomed on the outside. My biggest concern is always cleanliness of wherever I stay so I must tell you that this hotel has one of the finest housekeeping staff and hopefully management recognizes their contribution to maintaining all these rooms. The housekeepers can make or break a hotel in my eyes and when I can walk into a room that has the freshest finest linens and puffed pillows welcoming you for a good nights rest, a sparkling clean bathroom where the tiles are shining and the grout has absolutely no mold or dirt on them, fabulous towels, large vanity, microwave, refrigerator, large screen TV along with coffee and tea just ready to be made...well, it makes you feel very special. I highly recommend anyone staying in or near Potsdam to treat themselves to a night or more at The Clarkson Inn. Well worth it and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. We didn't make use of the restaurant so unfortunately I cannot comment on the food.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Even though our stay was short, we loved this Inn and would go back. Unlike all the chain hotels we tend to stay in, this place has a warmth and charm about it that doesn't even compare. If we are in Potsdam again, I would stay there again. I will also recommend to friends who go to this area frequently.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed in ALOT of hotels, and this is just one of the most exquisite places we have ever stayed! First off, the staff are super friendly AND professional. The price cannot be beat for the quality of this establishment. The lobby is very attractive and includes newspapers and magazines for guests. The room is large, exquisitely decorated, VERY clean, and the bathroom is very modern and well appointed. The toiletries are eco-friendly and refreshing. So many hotels do not include ventilation fans in their bathrooms. This bathroom has an excellent fan and a timed heat lamp. A free bottle of water is included for each guest. We decided not to eat the all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast because we didn't think we would eat enough to justify the $10 price tag. So we ordered room service of cereal, an omelet, english muffin, and fruit. The breakfast was delivered right at our requested time. The food was just excellent, and it was delivered by the manager with a big smile!
If our daughter decides to attend SUNY, we will stay again!

Just a couple of points that took as back. The coffee in the room is poor quality--too weak when we used just one filter pack, and not much better with two.

And the second point is not under the control of the hotel, but Ives Park in back of the hotel is FILLED with goose droppings! And I do mean filled. It was almost impossible not to walk on them. I hope the city will take note from someone's complaint. It's just not relaxing or welcoming to be in the park.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
George L, General Manager at Clarkson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor.The entire team of associates, and myself, truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The Clarkson Inn, Potsdam , New York.
While I was finishing reading your entire comment, I noticed that our in room coffee brand did not entirely satisfied your needs. Thank you again for that constructive observation, and If I could make a suggestion, next time you are planning to visit us, please do communicate with me, or with Patricia, at the reservation about the brand of coffee that you are accustomed to, and we will be more than happy to make it available to you for your entire stay.
Hoping to welcome you back again soon,
Kind regards,
George Lavigne,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The staff at this hotel are absolutely the most gracious I have ever met. Clean rooms, wonderful atmosphere and on top of this they always have a smile. The manager George always smiles - I always enjoy seeing him in the morning. The town had a terrible storm while I was here most of the town was without electricity. But not the Clarkson, George arranged to have a generator brought here so we had power. He was calm and very accomodating. Janet at the front desk is absolutely one of the most nicest people you will meet. I am so glad I had the opportunity to stay here. I would definitely recommend this hotel and the staff. I will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business