“Horrible”

Scottish Inns Potsdam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband & I stayed there out of desparation - we had already given up our room at the Smallings for (thank God!)only Friday night. We did not want to take our shoes or clothes off... The thermostat was uncovered with open wires, heat was not working. The bathroom was a real treat - no tub just a stand alone shower liner that bowed when you touched it. Think of showering in a port - a- potty - actually they have better walls! The carpet and bedding were disgusting! The clincher came after my morning "shower" (use the term loosely as i think most people can urinate with more force than the shower). As I was drying off, I kept getting wetter - the roof was leaking above us in several places - tried to place trash baskets under the worse offenders. On check out we told the manager about our stay and the leaks - he shrugged and did nothing! This motel is an abomination - stay there at your own risk! Think Bates Motel!

Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 5, 2009

All other hotels in the area were booked due to SUNY Potsdam Parent Weekend, so I booked this place out of desperation. I really wanted to see my daughter and I figured, "it was only 1 night, how bad could it be?" Let's just say that if you find yourself in a similar situation, don't give in to the desperation. DO NOT RESERVE THIS PLACE. It was so bad that I was planning to sleep in my car, but luckily, another hotel had a last minute cancellation that I was able to grab. If I could give this place negative stars, I would.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MemberNY
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My Granddaughter and I were there in Feb of 2007 for her music audition. We stayed there for 2 nights, it wasn't horrible. The next time we went back was July for her orientation and it was totally different. The 2 rooms next to us decided to sit out all night long and have a barn fire and loud music. They all seemed to be drinking heavily. We got up in the morning and there was a naked man running around. It had seemed that the owners moved into town to open up a shop and they left very inadequite people to manage the motel. It was dirty and not enough towels for the 3 of us. I had since spent the extra for a clean safe place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed here and it was quite comfortable!! I was happy to stay there!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Not the best hotels I have stayed so far. but considering a small town my stay at Nomad motel was very pleasent. Clean and comfortable rooms ; a seperate no-smoking set of rooms. Coffee in the morning.... - I would certainly recommend this motel if you are planning a trip to Postdam.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Drive to Massena if you have to, this place is the most disgusting, vile, decaying pile of rotten wood and shag carpets in the world. There are wierd people hanging around the front, that look in your windows. Me and my girlfriend left and slept in my car overnight in a parking lot. Thats how bad it is. Any good review is posted by management.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I went for parents weekend at the local university, all hotels were booked, but I had called months in advance to make a reservation as there isn't much available out here. I arrived and they informed me the price was more than DOUBLE what they quoted me. The room was musty and nasty. The bed was horrible, the mattress was so poor that my body was too sore to even sleep there, but I was afraid of sleeping for the bugs anyway, it was too creepy. The "breakfast" consisted of stale coffee and cellophane wrapped sweet buns. I have traveled the world and I have to say this ranks right down there with the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Potsdam Inn
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Massena
8 mi away
Best Western University Inn

Been to Scottish Inns Potsdam? Share your experiences!