“Nice place”

Scottish Inns Potsdam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stayed here and it was quite comfortable!! I was happy to stay there!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2009

Not the best hotels I have stayed so far. but considering a small town my stay at Nomad motel was very pleasent. Clean and comfortable rooms ; a seperate no-smoking set of rooms. Coffee in the morning.... - I would certainly recommend this motel if you are planning a trip to Postdam.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Drive to Massena if you have to, this place is the most disgusting, vile, decaying pile of rotten wood and shag carpets in the world. There are wierd people hanging around the front, that look in your windows. Me and my girlfriend left and slept in my car overnight in a parking lot. Thats how bad it is. Any good review is posted by management.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I went for parents weekend at the local university, all hotels were booked, but I had called months in advance to make a reservation as there isn't much available out here. I arrived and they informed me the price was more than DOUBLE what they quoted me. The room was musty and nasty. The bed was horrible, the mattress was so poor that my body was too sore to even sleep there, but I was afraid of sleeping for the bugs anyway, it was too creepy. The "breakfast" consisted of stale coffee and cellophane wrapped sweet buns. I have traveled the world and I have to say this ranks right down there with the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I wouldn't say, its the best mote around. Considering a small town , Nomad motel is really a very good accomodation especially value for money.
Pet fridnly and very clean accomodation. We were served with unlimited number of times complimetary coffee.
The rooms are clean and comfortable.
Good service . I recommend for anyone planning a trip to Postdam.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2008

When we arrived, the hotel looked all right from the outside. The man at the desk gave us our key. Here is a list of what happened:
1. When checking in, credit card machine didn't work so we had to go get cash from an ATM and pay later.
2. When we came back with the cash, we were told we had been given the wrong room.
3. The second room they tried to give us smelled of smoke, so we said we could not stay in it due to a child with asthma.
4. We were then told by a second management person, who was now mad at the first person for the room mix up, that we were staying in the first assigned room afterall.
5. Second management person gave us a $30 discount, but took $10 for himself. We were still happy to have the same room at $20 less.
6. Upon entering room, rugs were all stained.
7. Back window in room missing panes, covered in plastic.
8. Window in bathroom missing panes, covered in plastic.
9. Both back windows had broken frames and should be completely replaced.
10. Bathroom filthy. Horrible yellow stains and cigarette stains on toilet. Some orange mucus in shower stall.
11. Had to spray down everything with lysol spray.
12. Bugs in front window.
13. Had paid for two nights, decided to skip the second night and drive 6 hours home after Clarkson graduation.
14. Received $50 back out of $80 paid for second night. We were happy to get something.

The cleaning ladies were very nice, but unfortunately they cannot clean up a place that is not properly maintained.

The story we heard is that the original owner left Potsdam for a job elsewhere and left the management of the hotel to her parents. Parents are foreign born and speak little English...making things more difficult.

WORST HOTEL I EVER STAYED IN! I still get the shudders thinking of being in there. It was so dirty!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I entered the office to check in and had to wait for at least 5 minutes for the employee to get off the phone on a personal call. He then tried to charge me $20 more than I was quoted over the phone.
The front door of our room had a hornets nest on it so that made just getting into and leaving the room an adventure. Once inside we found the beds to be in a head to toe manner so I slept with my buddies feet just above my head. The floors were stained and dirty and the walls had mold growing through them. The bathroom was covered with spiders and I could not even bring myself to shower in the morning.
If I would have had another option I would have checked out right after getting there. Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
2 mi away
#4 of 7 in Massena
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Massena

Been to Scottish Inns Potsdam? Share your experiences!