Scottish Inns Potsdam
$139
Hampton.com
Northern Family Motel(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
$99
$74
Potsdam Inn(Potsdam)(Great Value!)
$70
$131
$127
$120
$116
Best Western University Inn(Canton)(Great Value!)
$176
$75
QualityInn
$134
$130
All reviewsfree wificlarkson universityroom was cleancontinental breakfasttwo separate occasionsworked greatbath towelsdefinitely stay here againsmall bathroomplace to stayin townqueen sizenice stayfresh fruitpotsdam nynorth countrymicrowave
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The lobby smelled, the shower door didn't close, the water went from hot to cold, the hair dryer had sparks coming out. The lights went out on their own. Out side lights by all the motel doors were blinking in the early hour of the morning. I could keep going like not wanting to give us a receipt for cash paid the night before because we were needing to check out early the next morning. Will never stay there again and have passed on the word to co- workers for future business trips.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The inn is actually a motel along a highway. I was not impressed with it at first but then realized it was clean and comfortable. It had a dorm style refrigerator and small microwave. There were 2 queen size beds, 2 chairs, a desk, bureau and a TV. Bathroom was small but adequate. The breakfast area could be improved a bit. There was a couch but no table. There was cereal, juice, fruit, coffee (only caffeinated) and individually prepackaged donuts and danishes. It was a good value for the money ($65 a night).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nothing else really around Potsdam. Went up for orientation of Suny Potsdam so we weren't in the room all that much. It had a basic set up, two beds, small bathroom with small shower but it was clean and it served it's purpose. No, I don't really like staying in rooms like this but I have to say the bed was really comfortable. Bad pillows, flat and you should bring your own if you can. The price was reasonable for what we got. Things seem more expensive up there in Potsdam and not sure why since it's in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, would I stay again? Yes if I had to but I already booked the Clarkston Inn for the next visit.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night in a double bedded, non-smoking room while our eldest daughter had an overnight at a local college. We brought our 9lb Havanese which they charged an extra $15. This motel is small and basic but completely met our needs for our stay. It was a cold winter night and our room was plenty warm. Check in was easy and our room was spotless. I'm sure we will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Scottish Inns Potsdam is a good small motel. Close to shopping it was a good inexpensive place to stay for a quick visit. The rooms were clean, large LCD TV ... free wi-fi ... and the thing that impressed me was that I purchased through Hotels dot com and there was a no cancellation polity within 24 hours. But we had an ice storm hit and the owners there understood and let me change the date to New Years Eve ... same price, no extra charge!!

I will stay there next time I visit Potsdam!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends