“Certainly not the best”

Scottish Inns Potsdam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Potsdam
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Limited options in the area and other locations above what work will pay for. Rooms are old and run down although had flat screen tvs. Bathroom and carpets were dirty and had to drive over snow several times to create a parking space. Staff was nice and helpful but if given the choice would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for one night while visiting colleges in the nearby area. The room was smaller than I was expecting, but it was okay. The Wifi worked without problems. It was easy to go from the room to the car. It was very clean. The bed was super comfy (I think temperpedic). The hot water did not run out in the shower stall, and I take long showers so it was a real bonus for me. The room's heat was good but was initially set low when we arrived.
The Inn was a drive away from restaurants and really much of anything. The
The television signal kept going on and off, and in the morning it would not work at all.
Overall it was good.
I wish I would have known there was a microwave and mini fridge in the room.

Room Tip: We chose the one queen bed room. Other rooms may have more spacious layouts?
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The owners are wonderful hospitible people who truly care about their guests. They are kind and generous with their time and spirit. My wife and I found this place by accident and we are sure glad that we did. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a peaceful and enjoyable stay......

Room Tip: The owners will make sure that your stay is great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I called to confirm,told the time we would arrive. Beds were uncomfortable but once I fell asleep it was fine. Lovely decorated room with refrig,micro, and flat screen. We had two beds and hot water. Nothing fancy. We were there for soccer games at SLU. We ate a great breakfast on campus.

Room Tip: 106 was clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NotyourMom1956
Reviewed September 22, 2012

our family was treated poorly by the proprietor and was charged double! block of rooms were reserved for a family reunion and we each paid for our rooms when checking out. credit card was again charged to family member reserving the block! proprietor made a midnight phone call to their home during our stay, was belligerent and has since refused to credit the overcharge. never experienced such bad behavior from a hotel owner!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IDDNewYork
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed there for a night in July. Although it's small & very basic, it was very clean & comfortable. Staff was very friendly, and the free continental breakfast was good (simple, but good).
Pros: bath towels can double as sandpaper
Cons: Very difficult to get out of bed because is was so comfortable

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The worst sleep ever. Bed had a plastic sheet under the bed and the Air Conditioner was very loud. Price wasn't the best but we were on the motorcycles travelling so we stayed here. Not the best value. I wondererd why they used plastic sheet in the bed. Every times I turned over to hear plastic noise.

Room Tip: Small room..You can park your car or motorcycle right infront of your room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potsdam
Potsdam Inn
Best Western University Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Massena

Been to Scottish Inns Potsdam? Share your experiences!