“Excellent food, fun place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mamma Lucia's
Ranked #26 of 47 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Albany NY
“Excellent food, fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Mamma Lucia's is built in a one-time railroad station, is quite spacious and an enjoyable atmosphere. It's informal and relaxed. The menu has very large single portions (could be shared by two) and enormous "family style" plates. Four of us shared one family style veal parm and it was plenty. Everything else (pasta, salads, etc) is a la carte, but not at all expensive. Our whole bill, with three cocktails and two sodas, salads and pastas, came to $65. A bargain, as the food was delicious. The veal was top-notch. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LeeAlbany

Lowell, Massachusetts
“REALLY NEAT PLACE - GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Celebrated grandson's graduation from Clarkson - the waitress was SUPERB - perky, informative and outstanding - she certainly enhanced our dining experience . We opted for the "family-style" option on the menu - which for us worked out perfectly.for our group of 8. The veal parm was so tender and flavorful - could have eaten the entire platter myself - the chicken, broccoli alfredo was a tad too garlicky for my taste - but was delicious, the antipasto had the best tasting artichoke hearts, cheeses and real italian cold cuts - outstanding! The ziti with meat sauce was ok, some spice in the sauce (nutmeg??) wasn't what I liked), the hand tossed brick oven (a real one!) supreme pizza looked great - but there was no way I could handle another bite of anything - stuffed to the gills! Prices were just fine - lots of food for the money - a good fair price. Oh, I forgot - the bread - WOW - be careful not to have too much before your dinner arrives or you'll be sorry.

Visited May 2013
Colton, New York
“One of many places I wont eat at again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went with my family, the service was ok at best, the lighting was so dim you could barely see anything including your plate. The food took forever to be served(about an hr). the food was prepared nicely but wasn't all that great. I ordered a burger, it was burnt and very dry for med well. This is one of many restaurants that has gone down hill in the last few years.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Groton,MA
“Really enjoyed the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My son and I stopped in there on a Tuesday night while on a visit to Clarkson. Not alot around there to choose from but this was a good place. Upon entering the person who sat us looked kind of miserable, so I thought, oh this is going to be fun. But thankfully she was not our server. Our server was terrific and even the bartender came over and chatted with us. Great attitude turnaround for us! Food was delicious and my son loved to draw on the tablecovers with crayons. Even at 18....

• Visited March 2013
Queensbury
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This actually an old renovated train station. Great italian food. Nothing terribly fancy but very quaint. Our waitress name was Alyssa and she was awesome. Don't miss out if you are in the area.

Visited March 2013