“Food is excellent”

First Crush Bistro
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tucked away on the corner of Market Street and Elm Street in Postdam, New York, First Crush Wine Bar and Bistro is the best kept secret in the North Country. Blending casual dining with delicious food, First Crush is the place to catch up with friends, meet with a client, or maybe even start a new romance. First Crush provides an intimate, yet casual setting. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with warm, friendly hospitality. Whether you are there for just a cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee with a scratch baked scone, or one of our famously delicious Adirondack salads for lunch, a glass of wine with a few Tapas for dinner or a full dinner entree; we welcome you!!
Madrid, New York, United States
“Food is excellent”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

First Crush's excellent selection of upscale bistro fare is consistent. I prefer their take out to dining in experience, simply because the acoustics in the place eliminate the possibility of a private conversation.

Visited June 2012

Constable, New York
“First Crush Bistro, Potsdam, New York”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For a restaurant that can only seat 40 people, it is very cosy and the attention to detail is there. The food is fresh and the specials are very innovative.
Their panni sandwiches that they have for lunch are wonderful.
They have a diverse wine selection and even carry New York made wines!

• Visited April 2012
northern new york
“Kind of Parisian”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good food, good wine and a noisy crowded bistro atmosphere. Pricey for Potsdam.

Visited April 2012
Albany, NY
“Fresh flavors at a cute corner spot in Potsdam.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am totally enjoying my discovery of all the surprisingly great restaurants in Potsdam. My husband dashed into First Crush to escape the heat, noise and crowds while a street festival was underway. It was a relief to find air conditioning. I learned this sweltering weekend that it is not uncommon to find establishments in this part of the North Country (as I heard it referred to by locals) without air conditioning.

Anyhow, my visit to First Crush was very refreshing. The waitress was delightful, the food was delicious and the vibe was fun and lively. My husband ordered the Urban Cowboy panini (prime rib, cheddar, bacon and smoked BBQ sauce), and I had a kind of flat bread pizza with corn and black bean salsa topped with cheese. Our food was fabulous, as were our drinks (Malbec for me, Arnold Palmers for my husband). Well-nourished, relaxed and cooled off, we were refueled and ready to return to the heat and crowds of a busy Potsdam weekend.

• Visited July 2012
Warrensburg, NY
“Celebration lunch”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Two friends and I drove up to have lunch with a soon to be graduate of Potsdam. We were planning on another restaurant, but it was closed, so we ended up at First Crush. A little hesitant at first, very noisy. After we sat and looked at the menu, was surprised at the wine list, had a very nice Malbec. The lunch choices were varied and my panini was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their sandwiches and then came dessert. The Appletini dessert, Lava Cake and Chocolate ice cream with espresso were all yummy. As it turned out, it was a good choice!

• Visited May 2012