“Big beers!”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Bergen, New York
“Big beers!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Ebens is the restaurant I always make a point of visiting when I am up in the area to see my daughter and her family. Eban's Hearth never disappoints me. We had a great dinner and the wait staff was wonderful. I will be back!

Visited June 2013

Rochester, New York
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This restaurant is within walking distance of the Clarkson campus and offers family style dining. Friendly, efficient staff and good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2013
Long Island, New York
“great for breakfast”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Breakfast was very good, and the service was great. We also ate there for dinner on another occasion which was also very good. They are very reasonable in price.

Visited January 2013
Lynn, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Got a kid at Clarkson!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Eben's Hearth is pretty darned good! The service we had was wonderful, the food very good, the atmosphere fun, and my husband was a huge fan of the beer. After a terribly LONG trip to Potsdam, from Boston, it was a great place to decompress. Thanks for a wonderful evening, with a warm, welcoming reception. A perfect evening after a difficult trip!

• Visited August 2012
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“I am vegan but my mother is not”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

On walking in you're instructed to wait to be seated. It may take some time before you are acknowledged, but we didn't ring the bell (I don't know if that's hat's expected or not upon entering). Our waitress was kind but took her time to give us our salads and drinks.
I typically have a hard time finding things to eat out but at Eban's hearth I was able to get a veggie burger, made to order on any type of bread I wanted (pumpernickel) with a salad or fries (I got the salad with dressing on the side, which was put in a nice little shaker). The sandwich had a pickle. lettuce, tomato, and onion on the side. The veggie burger itself was tasty and the toasted bread was good too.
My mother ordered some sort of chicken dish which she said was good.
For dessert we got the coconut cream pie. The coconut part was creamy and super delicious and the whipped top was light and fluffy. The crust was light and a bit buttery tasting. The slice was big and was probably 1/6 of the pie.
It appeared to be a place college students go to talk amongst friends. It was not too noisy but it was not completely silent either.
We went later at night, ~7:30pm, and each time the door opened a cool draft would come in - we say in the middle of the restaurant

• Visited November 2012