“Family restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Rochester, New York
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This restaurant is within walking distance of the Clarkson campus and offers family style dining. Friendly, efficient staff and good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2013

Long Island, New York
“great for breakfast”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Breakfast was very good, and the service was great. We also ate there for dinner on another occasion which was also very good. They are very reasonable in price.

Visited January 2013
Lynn, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Got a kid at Clarkson!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Eben's Hearth is pretty darned good! The service we had was wonderful, the food very good, the atmosphere fun, and my husband was a huge fan of the beer. After a terribly LONG trip to Potsdam, from Boston, it was a great place to decompress. Thanks for a wonderful evening, with a warm, welcoming reception. A perfect evening after a difficult trip!

• Visited August 2012
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“I am vegan but my mother is not”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

On walking in you're instructed to wait to be seated. It may take some time before you are acknowledged, but we didn't ring the bell (I don't know if that's hat's expected or not upon entering). Our waitress was kind but took her time to give us our salads and drinks.
I typically have a hard time finding things to eat out but at Eban's hearth I was able to get a veggie burger, made to order on any type of bread I wanted (pumpernickel) with a salad or fries (I got the salad with dressing on the side, which was put in a nice little shaker). The sandwich had a pickle. lettuce, tomato, and onion on the side. The veggie burger itself was tasty and the toasted bread was good too.
My mother ordered some sort of chicken dish which she said was good.
For dessert we got the coconut cream pie. The coconut part was creamy and super delicious and the whipped top was light and fluffy. The crust was light and a bit buttery tasting. The slice was big and was probably 1/6 of the pie.
It appeared to be a place college students go to talk amongst friends. It was not too noisy but it was not completely silent either.
We went later at night, ~7:30pm, and each time the door opened a cool draft would come in - we say in the middle of the restaurant

• Visited November 2012
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I went here for lunch and it was nothing special my husband and i both ordered signature sandwiches. My husbands tasted like a Philly Cheese Steak but the steak on the sandwich was over cooked. I ordered something like a chicken club the chicken on the sandwich was breaded and fried and had no taste the only flavor on my sandwich came from the mayo that i added. It wasn't bad food because at least the chicken was moist but it wasn't really good either it just kinda is. I would go back if i was in the area but i wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.