“Sent on Assignment. 'Bring back some Maple Pepper!'”

Sprague's Maple Farm
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Portville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We were sent on assignment. "Bring back some Maple Pepper!" Maple, maple everywhere, true, but it is the turkey that will bring me back. Free-range, home grown and yummy! I had thick slices with gravy over a light wheat bread. The bread was sliced very thick.

Before I go on, some full disclosure: I have a pet peeve, and that is when servers make me box my own leftovers. Thus, only 4 stars on "Service". Am I old fashioned? This is a high-tip killer for me. After a beautiful, perfect meal the server said "I'll bring you a box." (Later that night, back home, in a favorite pub, the server said 'I'll box that for you' and my faith in the server industry was restored! See forthcoming review for "Curry's" in Buffalo, NY!)

I did not find the prices high. Two of us were stuffed for $20, and the food is unique and gourmet.

2  Thank Cross-Culture-Maven

Reviewed May 15, 2010

Great family hospitality and country cooking and one of the better places to eat in the area.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

We have frequent family outings to Sprague's over the years, sampling the complete menu for birthday and other celebrations. My sister and her husband live just across the state line in Gifford, just outside of Bradford, and we live in Warren. The food has always been excellent--especially the maple syrup/breakfast meals. The prices have increased, so the menu is not priced for those on a budget; however, it is a nice place to go. Last time we were there was just before Christmas 09, so they had the reindeer stabled outside and the holiday light display was lit. My sister and I enjoy the little shop and take time to look over the items each time we go there. I sent a friend up just today, using the trip map on Google.

1  Thank Warren_PASisters
Reviewed March 15, 2010

DELICIOUS!! Stop here on your way to Holiday Valley for a hearty pre-ski/snowboard breakfast. Their sausage patties and maple syrup are out of this world. Thick, juicy, spicy patties (almost like a slider burger), with a hint of maple syrup flavor, make this place a must see/taste. Oh, and forgot to mention they use REAL eggs, fresh, locally baked bread, REAL maple syrup (obviously), and attentive, friendly waitstaff that never let you reach the bottom of your coffee cup. I wish I lived closer to go there more often!

Reviewed January 25, 2010

If your passing through the area I would highly recommed a stop at Sprague's. In the numerous times I have been there I have always had a great meal. Their pricing is more than fair and when you factor in the quality of the food, along with the portions......they are a great value. I recently had their New England Cassarole which consisted of shrimp along with sea scallops baked in a light lemon cream sauce covered with a Ritz cracker crumbled topping. To be frank I would put it up againest anything I have had along the coast line let alone in the Southern Tier of N.Y .

1  Thank Steelcityguy