“Maple Sugar”

Sprague's Maple Farm
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Portville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Maple Sugar”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ample portions - breakast all day so you can sample the varities of syrup - varied menus - waitress friendly - liked so much ate twice there - cute gift shop - guess they do tours during the season - felt bad for cashier, so busy with gift shop and food checkout all handled at one registar

Visited November 2012

Olean, New York
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sprague's is a beautiful restaurant situated in a beautiful southern tier area that is well worth the trip. I have never had a bad meal there. The lines can be long during peak times but worth the wait.

Visited September 2012
New York
“Always fun!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Sprague's quite a few times. Today we stopped there for lunch. We were seated promptly in a comfy booth, and our server came right over to take our order. We both had a delicious turkey dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful building and charming decor. I would be hard pressed to come up with a negative about this wonderful restaurant. It's a completely fantastic experience...love it.

• Visited November 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Once again a disappointment”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well, it happened again!

My husband & I decided to give the restaurant another try after having a couple of not-so-good experiences in the past.

Recently, we were there for dinner, my husband ordered the meatloaf special and I ordered a "hot" turkey sandwich.

Let's just say that the cook(s), kitchen help or whoever puts the meals together, needs some lessons on how to prepare food which are suppose to be served "HOT".

My husband said his meatloaf dinner was 'warm' but my turkey sandwich wasn't even close to warm. It seemed like the turkey had been taken out of the refrigerator and had some gravy put on it that was put in a microwave for just a couple of seconds.

I had to ask our server to return my sandwich to the kitchen to have it heated thoroughly.
That took almost 15 mins. before it was returned to me but it was appropriately hot then!

It is with great disappointment that we will probably not be returning for dinner since this is about the third time we have ordered "hot" food and it was not served "hot".

Unfortunately, it is not just us who have had problems with food at the restaurant, in talking with friends and family, the same situation(s) have happened to others.

We suggest the kitchen help be taught the definition of "hot" food!

Or, maybe the health inspector needs to check on the kitchen!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank NewYorkStater
Rochester, NY
“Great Atmosphere and Food!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Terrific place for breakfast (or any other meal). The location has a great view of the hills and you can enjoy sitting on the porch before or after your meal. The breakfast's are unique and taste great. Make sure to try anything with maple in it because that's the real thing! Same with the turkey! The staff is terrific and the place gets busy on the weekends. If you are in the area, stop in!

Visited August 2012