All reviews great hotel business park shuttle service free shuttle sales manager a wonderful stay recommend this hotel north shore business stay breakfast buffet is hilton garden clean rooms plenty of parking front desk staff fitness center long island bed was comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

My poor experience doesn't have anything to do with the facilities, they are very nice - new and clean. It has to do with service. This evening, I purchased dinner outside of the hotel, and brought it back to the hotel. I do not like sitting in my room and eating, so I went to the far side of the lobby to eat (away from the restaurant...even separated by a wall), watch the TVs, work on my computer, and eventually purchase some drinks from the hotel bar. While eating, I was approached by a waiter from the restaurant area (they do not even come over and service the area I was sitting) and asked if I was staying in the hotel. Strange question....would I be eating in the lobby if I wasn't?

He then told me that I couldn't eat outside food in the lobby and that I'd have to go to my room. I asked if he was serious. He said yes, that his manager requested he tell me to leave if I wanted to eat the outside-purchased food. The manager was standing 25 feet away, but she made the server come tell me to leave, which is probably the most irritating thing about this situation. I guess I was offending the restaurant area guests (there were about 6 of them at this time) by eating my sandwich from outside the restaurant. There were other people sitting near me, so it was embarrassing, and also quite petty. I'm a paying guest at your hotel, don't treat me like I'm behaving inappropriately.

I have stayed here numerous times and it is usually top notch. I work for a VERY large employer and we prefer to stay here, often. However, I will recommend that we find another hotel. Don't be petty HGI Roslyn, it's unbecoming of a quality hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear TMWVU,

I'm very sorry about your experience; we'd never want to embarrass you. We do not allow outside food in our dining areas. I regret that this was not hospitably communicated to you. We value your feedback in this area and will take your comments into consideration as we balance the needs of our guests. Once again, I'm very sorry that we made you feel unwelcome. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope to host you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

I have visited this location many times and the service/facilities never disappoint. Everyone on the staff is polite,courteous and has a mind towards making your stay as nice as possible.

If you get a chance have the shuttle driver take you to his favorite eatery!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2019

Dear georgeshafer,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again on a return visit.

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

I have been coming to the Hilton garden for a few weeks for work and I have to say this place has become a home away from home. The hotel is extremely clean and everyone is extremely nice. The bartender, Chris offers such a personal professional service. He seriously is the best, top of the line service. Alana, the woman who checked us in is very friendly and always very helpful. This hotel and the people who work here have become the best part of this trip.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear Andrea O,

We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service, so your compliments are appreciated. I’m delighted to learn your stays have been pleasant and look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team. Thank you for your attention in reviewing our hotel and we are thrilled to be your home-away-from-home.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I can't say enough good things about this hotel and its staff. My mother was hospitalized at St. Francis and throughout my prolonged stay, the staff did everything possible to make my stay as comfortable as possible. From asking after her condition to allowing me to stay on a day-to-day basis without the threat of penalties to making sure I was doing well, they covered all the bases. Thank you!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Dear BirdingCarol,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s wonderful to know our staff left such a lasting impression with you through their kindness and warm hospitality. I’m pleased we could add a little comfort during this difficult time, so you could enjoy your stay and a good night’s rest. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and send you our best wishes.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel!! I have been staying a few weeks on and off and it’s feels like home!! Alana has been amazing!! And Christopher at the Bar is my favorite!! He is so attentive and remembers me every time I come. What an amazing staff!!! Thank you so much for everything!!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Mirella M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to learn that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to sharing your kind remarks with the team. We appreciate your compliments and are humbled by your return visit.