“Port Jervis NY” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Port Jervis

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Jervis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ALTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent four days at this Days Inn and the staff was very friendly. Other than the carpets in the hallway needing cleaning, the stay was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daysinn1PortJervis, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this review, January 16, 2013

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

PISCATAWAY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I reserved a room that the website said slept 5. When I arrived, the room we were assigned only had 2 double beds in it. I tried to call the front desk but the phones were out. The only alternative the desk clerk could offer was a roll away, which was old with a thin mattress that hurt my daughter's back, and there was no blanket available for it.at.all.

The worst thing I noticed about the hotel was the smell in the hallways, whicih smelled like old beer and cigarettes (probably because they offer smoking rooms, a practice that I think should stop). The hall carpeting was badly stained. The room also smelled a bit, and the closet smelled like old socks. The room furnishings, carpet and bathroom were older and the bathroom was not that clean. There was no waste basket in the room, only in the bathroom, so that if someone was in there you could not throw anything out. The cheap remote control did not turn the power off or on for the TV so you had to get up to do it, which was inconvenient when turning in for the night.

The breakfast room appeared to be newly renovated and was very nice. However, there was a poor selection of foods--Little Debbie or HoHos are not good breakfast items. There weren't even any muffins--just plain bagels, waffles, cereal and apples, juice and coffee.

Also, it annoys me that I was not able to get any kind of points for my Wyndham Rewards for this hotel, and for other hotels whenever I was getting any kind of discount. The other hotel chains I use do not do that.

It was not a place that I would want to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 845-856-6611.

Travelers are raving about these Port Jervis hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Dirty and dismal. For $110.00 per night I expect the room to be clean and it was not, the lobby looked clean and the manager was clean and polite but the room was old, tired, dirty and it was questionable as to whether the bedding had actually been changed between guests. We found it appalling.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alice A
Daysinn1PortJervis, General Manager at Days Inn Port Jervis, responded to this review, September 25, 2012

Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are driving West keep going to PA and pick something in Matamores. If you are driving East stop in PA. For some reason NY state hotels that I have stay in are more expensive than other states for some reason. This one was not well cleaned and run down and the non-smoking rooms smelled of old smoke. Why is it that smokers think no one can tell? The sheets were clean and so was the bathroom plus we did not get any bed bugs but this motel needs new management and some investment badly. For 90 bucks a niight the customer deserves more. We have stayed in 50 dollar a night rooms that were much nicer.

We won't be going

Room Tip: Go to Matamores PA just a few miles away.