“Delicious pizza & salad with great Italian Ices.”
Review of Colosseo

Colosseo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Port Jefferson Station, New York
“Delicious pizza & salad with great Italian Ices.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This pizzeria has delicious pizza. It is always fresh and piping hot. They have a small dining room. They also have a counter with stools if patrons are in a hurry and just want a quick bite to eat.
They also have italian ices that all the kids LOVE!
They DO NOT accept credit cards-cash only.Well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Maria S

long island
“pizza as an art form”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

the siciliian pizza is like a work of art. spectacular!!! the best pizza you will ever have.you owe it to yourself to try it, and it will surely be the best you have ever had.

• Visited March 2014
Port Jefferson Station, New York
“What no dinners?”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

How does a pizza restaurant, after many years, still don't serve dinners? Pizza and calzones only on the menu? What a waste. Their Neopolitan pizza is soggy. Sicilian very doughy. Good for those that don't know good pizza.

• Visited August 2013
Florida
“Real New York Pizza”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband is from Long Island so he's adamant about having a pizza fix whenever we're there. The rest of the family was very clear that Colosseo is THE place to go. I'd never had Sicilian pie before (give me a break, I'm English!) so I guess I had the one that sets the standard! That and a regular pie were demolished in very short order by all of us. The filling to crust ratio was perfect on both types of pie. The crust on the regular pie, which can normally define it as cardboard or divine, was cooked to perfection. I hear all the time from my husband that crusts aren't cooked enough anywhere like they are in New York so I now know what he's talking about.
Colosseo serves only pizza and calzone so they can be the best at what they do. There is no delivery, only eat-in and take-out.
Next time we're up there, I'm having a calzone...

• Visited November 2013
“this is the place the locals recommend”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were visiting Long Island for a funeral and both the rental car agent and the funeral home director highly recommended this pizza. We ordered two pizzas along with salads from Colosseo's and it was indeed delicious. It was crazy on a Friday night (I counted 19 people rushing around behind the main counter) and it was standing room only when we ordered, but still only took 20 minutes to get our pizza. As others have mentioned, be prepared with cash because they do not take credit/debit cards. They are very generous with their pizza toppings...I could not believe how heavy two boxes of pizza were while carrying them out to the car.

• Visited November 2013