“Second time, not so charming”

Danford's Hotel & Marina
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Jefferson
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

They have 8 buildings, the one they put us in.... Well Let's just say it was less than I expected. I lived in this area for years, the outside this Danford historic building is beautiful but the building is only the restaurant. The rooms for rent surround the restaurant and look more like they belong in the projects. No refrigerator no microwave no elevator. I had to hike our luggage up two flights of stairs it was ridiculous. Save your money Port Jeff is really declining.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Alexdef

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We had 3 adults staying in a room in the Admiral/ main building. The room was spacious with 2 double beds and a nice sitting area. The heaters are loud and need updating. The location is great right in downtown Port Jeff. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed one night in this lovely, old hotel. It is central to everything we wanted to see in town and right on the water. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LMS-223
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed for couple of days at Danford. First room was facing to harbor in 2nd floor. Room was not clean, stains on furniture and even on the pillow. Upholstery was faded as well. Heater makes noise that you cannot sleep. I turned it off to sleep, then the gap under the room door brought in cold air and I could not have good night sleep at all. Front desk was very nice, and they switched my room to a suite, which was much better.
If you have harbor view room you will not have privacy, because people can see inside of your room, unless you shut down curtains. Room doors open to outside directly, which makes this place very unattractive in colder seasons.
Breakfast is free but below average quality. Parking stalls are available and was free in March.
This place is very old, the gym room is very small and nothing there. However it is in walking distance to nice restaurants (Ruvo, Pace's).

Room Tip: Try to find a harbor view room in the main building. Other buildings do not have privacy and cold.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We received a special rate online so we decided to stay on Saturday,3/2/13 . The room was nice & clean. The bed was comfortable & I Ioved the bathroom(always important)! Nice big stand-up shower. It's a very good location if you're arriving by boat. The bar was nice & the bartender was very friendly & courteous. My only complaint was the room service breakfast. NOT GOOD!!! There was no milk or creamers for coffee, no toast (even though we paid for it), food was room temp (bad for eggs & french toast). Bacon tasted burnt & sausage was not cooked. For $46.00, I was expecting better. If you want to have breakfast, get up & go to the restaurant. With that, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel, while comfortable and clean enough, is past its prime. The central heat in the room did not appear to be turned on or working; instead we had a very nice space heater to heat the room. While quite efficient and quiet, it was very difficult to regulate. The first night my wife and I roasted until I could figure out how to turn it down. The first light that you come to in the room, and hence the one you would use most often, had a defective switch that literally fell on the floor every time you turned it on. If you need to stay in this town, you can certainly do worse, but don't expect a great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The room was beautiful and had a nice balcony. It was clean, staff was friendly. The village area is pretty small so you are close to everything. We ate at a great bar nearby with a nice outside deck called Portside. We only stayed here one night and I wish we had stayed longer! Great hotel, although I think it is a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012
#3 of 3 in Stony Brook
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Danford's Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!