I stayed for couple of days at Danford. First room was facing to harbor in 2nd floor. Room was not clean, stains on furniture and even on the pillow. Upholstery was faded as well. Heater makes noise that you cannot sleep. I turned it off to sleep, then the gap under the room door brought in cold air and I could not have good night sleep at all. Front desk was very nice, and they switched my room to a suite, which was much better.
If you have harbor view room you will not have privacy, because people can see inside of your room, unless you shut down curtains. Room doors open to outside directly, which makes this place very unattractive in colder seasons.
Breakfast is free but below average quality. Parking stalls are available and was free in March.
This place is very old, the gym room is very small and nothing there. However it is in walking distance to nice restaurants (Ruvo, Pace's).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by spectacular views of Long Island Sound and nestled in the heart of historic Port Jefferson Village, Danfords Hotel & Marina offers the finest accommodations with contemporary comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Danford's Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danfords Hotel And Marina
- Danfords Hotel Port Jefferson
- Danfords Port Jefferson