New York has stolen one of best friends, and back in September we made the trip over to be bridesmaids at her wedding.
We were absolutely overwhelmed with the view at this hotel; the area is so picturesque and scenic- very romantic setting for our girls special day!
We all had our hair and make up done in the beatuy salon. The timing of things were a little off (I was running out of there to get in my dress at the time the wedding was supposed to start!)- but the girls did a great job with us all, and if I say so myself my hair looked pretty fabulous.
The outside wedding area was very pretty (and a total novelty to use Brits who can only get married with a roof over our heads), and the famous American hospitality lived up to its name throughout the evening from all the bar and service staff- so polite and lovely, no matter how drink fuelled our demands were :)
Our only issue arose when myself and two other bridesmiads who were sharing a room tried to get in at the end of the night, and found the swipe card lock on the door wasn't responding. We explained the predicament to reception who said they would get someone over to look at it, as it sounded like the battery in the door unit was flat. It took a long time for someone to come, and two of us were desperate to go to bed. When someone eventually managed to get the door open it was explained that once we were in, the lock would not be able to be used from the outside; we either all stayed in for the rest of the night, or wake someone in the room up upon our return. One of the party wasn't ready for bed, so I went down to reception and explained this, and they very kindly provided and extra room free of charge for our late night party go-er. Despite the delay, the issue was handled well.
Our big gripe about this was the next morning when another handy man showed up to look at the door- he repeatedly accused us of causing the problem by "having the cards next to mobile phones". This annoyed me on a few levels a) because we had had the cards reset by reception numerous times before they had called someone to look at the door on the previous evening, and b) because we had all purposely kept these cards away from our mobile phones so not to cause any issues. We tried to explain this to him but he just talked over us and blamed us for the whole debacle!!
Grouchy obnoxious handy man aside- a lovely hotel, huge well apointed rooms, and great service. I am looking forward to taking my fella here when we come over to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by spectacular views of Long Island Sound and nestled in the heart of historic Port Jefferson Village, Danfords Hotel & Marina offers the finest accommodations with contemporary comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Danford's Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danfords Hotel And Marina
- Danfords Hotel Port Jefferson
- Danfords Port Jefferson