This year we stayed at the Danfords Hotel for the third time. It was, again, a fantastic stay. The hotel and marina are adjacent to the Bridgeport-Port Jefferson ferry dock, which is very convenient for us because that is how we get to Long Island.
We were able to gain access to our room immediately since we arrived well past check-in time, but a family member who arrived two days after us and was only staying one night was able to check-in at 10am. That made this person's stay much more comfortable, as we wanted to spend the entire day at the beach.
The first thing I noticed in the room was an ipod/itouch charger. This was hardly necessary, but a nice touch and something very appreciated.
The room was a little larger than a standard room with two double beds at a chain hotel. We opted for the Village View room because we'd have plenty of views of the water during our stay. The beds were comfortable and clean and we enjoyed the flat screen tv after full days at the beach and visiting family. The nautical decor was very tasteful and I loved the closeup pictures of ships in our room. The bathroom was very basic but the huge shower head was wonderful. The shower also had a ledge where you could sit and it was great for bathing very sandy children.
The breakfast was more than adequate with choices of yogurt, fruit, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee and a nice tea selection.
The location of this hotel is superb. Just walking around the marina, looking at the boats, and watching the ferry come and go is wonderful and relaxing. The restaurants and shops of Port Jeff are a few steps away. And, of course, the beaches on the south shore are only a half hour away.
We only had a very few minor issues with the hotel. First, the hotel is right in the town, so it can get noisy outside. The air conditioner was very loud, and though it can drown out the noise outside, I imagine it might be annoying to some. The WIFI wasn't great; it was good for a hotel, but you could not get it in the dining room. Finally, their cable provider was Cablevision, I believe, but they did not have the YES network, which was disappointing for us. But, these things are minor and I fully expect to stay at the Danfords next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by spectacular views of Long Island Sound and nestled in the heart of historic Port Jefferson Village, Danfords Hotel & Marina offers the finest accommodations with contemporary comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Danford's Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danfords Hotel And Marina
- Danfords Hotel Port Jefferson
- Danfords Port Jefferson