“Big portions”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Port Jefferson, New York
“Big portions”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Always good food. It may seem pricey but the portions are always big. I love coming here, if you have the chance try the fondue, it's fun.

• Visited June 2014

Milford, CT
“Up the hill from the Ferry”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I found this on Trip Advisor reviews and saw that it had seafood. Walked up the hill after crossing from Bridgeport on the 12 to 1:30 ferry. Had a tough time finding seafood on the menu for Greek and other specialties. Finally spotted 'Fish & Chips". Ordered it and waited and waited. We had a table opened to a door and watched cops write out tickets. They took a long time too do each also. We watched the tattoos on people walking bye and checked out their shoes and clothing. Finally when felt I'd have to leave and go somewhere else, saw the food coming. The fried fish was 5 or 6 fingerling sized pieces; the chips as requested were sweet potatoes. THE BEST OF BOTH I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!!! And we got back in time for the 3pm ferry after a walk around the block. Reasonable prices too.

• Visited May 2014
Port Jefferson Station, New York
“Went for breakfast..”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Friends gave me a gift certificate to Z-Pita so I went here with my wife to have breakfast. You can find online coupons are for $10 off breakfasts served before 10:00 AM daily. Bob our waiter was wonderful...very attentive to us during breakfast and checked back on our table 3 times during our breakfast. My wife had a blueberry-filled crepe that was made with fresh blueberries...not the canned fillings that you may find in other restaurants. I had the gyro-meat omelet with onions, tomatoes, feta and mozzarella. Very flavorful and smelled great as soon as it was placed on the table. The home fires have a very tasty seasoning on them. Coffee and tea cups are almost the size of a small bowl. Very generous portions. The omelets are in the $11 range, the crepe was about $13 so breakfast, with coffee and tea came out to about $32 with tax, before our $10 off coupon. Good food for a fair price with the coupon. My only negative comment is that the seating is very tight and the tables are crammed into what is already a small dining area. However, that by itself won't prevent me from going back to Z-Pita in the future.

• Visited December 2013
Port Jefferson NY
“I love Z-Pita”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my go-to restaurant. Dining in, take out, dinner delivered to my home or catered...never disappointed. They arrive on time if you order delivery. Fresh and delicious...and if your filet is not perfectly cooked, Joey will cook it himself to assure that is fine for you. I have never had a bad meal here in a zillion years...I am fussy about added salt, fat and the cooks always prepare my meal exactly the way I like it. You ask, they do! Value! Cleanliness rules the roost here. A glass of wine here is a full pour, nothing scant about this restaurant. My 70th birthday is coming up and I will trust the cooking only to Joey and me. Quality rules. If you want something with ingredients they have, they will make it for you. And don't forget the breakfast menu...Eggs Benedict, omelets, pancakes, sure, but my favorite poached eggs in a cup with dry toast...rocks. Don't hesitate to try Z-Pita...you will be so happy.

• Visited December 2013
Port Jefferson, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For a great meal Greek, seafood or salads at a reasonable price stop by and say hello to Joey the owner.

Visited October 2013