“I love Z-Pita”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Port Jefferson NY
“I love Z-Pita”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my go-to restaurant. Dining in, take out, dinner delivered to my home or catered...never disappointed. They arrive on time if you order delivery. Fresh and delicious...and if your filet is not perfectly cooked, Joey will cook it himself to assure that is fine for you. I have never had a bad meal here in a zillion years...I am fussy about added salt, fat and the cooks always prepare my meal exactly the way I like it. You ask, they do! Value! Cleanliness rules the roost here. A glass of wine here is a full pour, nothing scant about this restaurant. My 70th birthday is coming up and I will trust the cooking only to Joey and me. Quality rules. If you want something with ingredients they have, they will make it for you. And don't forget the breakfast menu...Eggs Benedict, omelets, pancakes, sure, but my favorite poached eggs in a cup with dry toast...rocks. Don't hesitate to try Z-Pita...you will be so happy.

• Visited December 2013

Port Jefferson, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little place”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For a great meal Greek, seafood or salads at a reasonable price stop by and say hello to Joey the owner.

Visited October 2013
new york
“Robert Irvine needs to get in here!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've heard a lot about this place so thought I'd give it a try. I made a reservation for 7 of us which included out of town relatives and two children.
The place is very outdated, I'd say 70's or 80's. I'm all for nostalgia but it was not clean. The bathrooms too could have used a scrubbing. We were seated in a very small area and it was tight. There is another side but this seemed to be the children's side
I ordered the greek salad with grilled gyro meat on top. It was ok. The meat was very overcooked bordering on burnt and our relatives ordered the greek pizza which they said they liked and the kids had kid meals which they said were ok also.
Service a bit slow. I don't think we'll be coming back

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Yummy but pricey”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As a poor graduate student this was a bit out of my comfort zone, but the food was delicious and the service was awesome. Turns out they will pay for your parking if you tell them the number (using an iPad, no less). Portions are generous, too. It was somewhat strange to get french fries with my falafel, but I guess that's what they mean by fusion...

Bottom line - it's a good option when you're looking to dine in downtown Port Jeff!

Visited September 2013
Selden, New York, USA
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has excellent food it's also warm and inviting inside. The only issue I would say I have with it is the cramped seating. I have been here several times with a group of friends for the fondue which is really good but as far as fondue goes I do prefer the atmosphere of toast around the corner a little more

• Visited May 2013