“Still a favorite”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Still a favorite”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My family has been coming to Z Pita for fourteen years and the owner, Joey, still delivers quality food at reasonable prices. This remains a family friendly restaurant with a hands on owner. The Greek salad with gyro meat is always crisp and meat is satisfying. The moussaka and Greek lasagna offer good portions and are very good. The new sweet creeps for dessert were fresh and filled with fruit-enought to serve 2 easily. The space is warm and cozy and not stuffy. The servers are excellent and extremely polite! Bravo Joey!

Port Jefferson, New York
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

we went for breakfast and the food was absolutely delicious /perfectly prepared and served hot directly from the kitchen.Free starter of freshly corned muffins warmed right from the oven. Omelet w asparagus/Swiss & tomato comes w home fries and toast . The coffee strong in flavor also served fresh & Hot.(free refills..yes!!.)
Definitely revisiting and highly recommend. Open breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.Great service

Visited December 2012
Huntington, New York
“Fresh, Affordable, Cozy”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was a nice find in Port Jeff, a few blocks from the water and decorated festively for the holidays. The cons are the space is cramped and I thought the menu was too diverse. There's Greek and Italian. I would have personally preferred an all Greek menu to simplify and have more choices within one style. There are already tons of Italian restaurants on the Island, I'd love to see more authentic quality Greek. The pros are the prices are very reasonable, the food is fresh and delicious and the wine was also very affordable and one of the best Chardonnay's I've ever had. I ordered a lemon chicken soup, Greek salad with chicken and my husband ordered a gyro pita sandwich. The grape leaf in my salad was so good, I'd love to order them as a main dish when I return. They serve sliced pita with herb infused olive oil as a starter. I appreciate the fresh ingredients here. The music was acoustic alternative, very relaxing and set the mood nicely for a Sunday evening. They didn't rush us out. We were able to enjoy a relaxing dinner and long conversation, the service was friendly and attentive and overall the atmosphere was reserved which we prefer to some of the louder places on the Island that beat drums and bass into your ear while you're paying a fortune for a small dish! I'd recommend this restaurant for anyone seeking a quiet, cozy little place that offers good food at good prices.

• Visited November 2012
Islandia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were seated right away, the waitstaff was pleasurable and attentive, the atmosphere was warm, and decorated very nicely. We were given warm muffins while we waited for our breakfast, which was served in a reasonable amount of time. It was a nice amount of food (Banana Yellow Pancakes, poached eggs w/bacon & homefries, and silver dollar pancakes). We look forward to returning to try lunch or dinner at ZPitas during our next trip to Port Jefferson.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Rae2007
Delray Beach, FL
“Always good.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Consistently good food at reasonable prices. Warm atmosphere and waitstaff. Can be a little noisy as it is always full of patrons.

Visited April 2012