“Great view, good food, terrible service”

Lombardi's On The Sound
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had lunch , last week of August 2012. I din't like to post negative reviews but this is the first time in my life I ever tipped under 20 percent! The bus boys were great, all the other waiters seemed engaged. My "wanna be mafia looking goofball" was a jerk. Attitude squared! Spilled and kicked off the deck , ice cubes from not paying attention pouring water! After taking our order, never saw him again ( in retrospect , a good thing). A shame one employee can ruin my experience for the other professional staff. The view, the food, the atmosphere, all great. The Goofball, who didn't introduce himself, may I recommend Etiquette School Fool!

There are newer reviews for Lombardi's On The Sound

Reviewed September 4, 2012

You can't go wrong with the food at any Mama's restaurant. It was delicious, fresh and plentiful. When I first walked in I immediately notice a very musty smell which is off putting in an italian restaurant. Maybe they can pump up the smell of garlic! We waiting 1/2 hour for an outdoor table which is worth the wait. The bar was very crowded which a mostly senior crowd eating at the bar. After pushing through we had some decent drinks. The star of the night is the view. Beautiful! The food was also worth talking about! Great seafood, steaks and pasta all enjoyed at out table.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Was there a few months ago for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday. We were six people altogether. We got there about 15 to 20 minutes ahead of the set time for the reservation, and asked the hostess if anyone from our party was there. She checked and said no, no one was there yet. We stood out there near the bar for a few minutes then went to the restrooms. We asked again if anyone called or showed up and again, she said no. We went into the lobby to wait, and about 20 minutes later one of our friends comes out and says they were there over an hour or more waiting for us! I was so upset and angry, but the girl didn't even apologize and the manager never did either! I was not happy! The food was just average, nothing special, and frankly, I was so turned off by the filthy, dirty, sticky rug that I could barely eat anything! All in all, a very disappointing experience. I know Mama Lombardi's and Villa Lombardi's catering to be top notch, so was even more disappointed knowing they are affiliated. Not what I was expecting at all!

1  Thank FDCM4
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The array of choices of Italian food was outstanding .All of the food was delicious, appetizing, and hot. The service was excellent and friendly. We had four in our group and are looking forward to going again.

1  Thank squeekandcici
Reviewed July 30, 2012

There is not enough space to describe this restaurant. The view of Long Island Sound is spectacular and I am sure even better if you can eat outside. The service is FIVE STAR however the food is SIX STAR. The staff is very friendly and accommodating without being noticeable. They are very quick with the drink refills and making sure your food is more than perfect. The portions were large and when I could not finish it, a to go box was provided with the left overs and a fresh portion of pasta and sauce to go with it. I was looking for a relaxing evening with great food and they delivered far more than I was expecting. If you are not happy here, nothing will please you.