“Date place”
Review of Pasta Pasta

Pasta Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 112 (Main Street)
Description: Welcome to Pasta Pasta in the historic water town of Port Jefferson. Pasta Pasta in its 20th year in business has become one of the premier restaurants on the North Shore. More than just PASTA; executive Chef Steven Sands and his talented staff offer a diverse menu featuring chicken, steak the freshest fish available and of course our innovative pastas and pizza. Decorated in the casual and comfortable style of a Tuscan villa, the dining rooms boast light wood accents, vases filled with fresh flowers, candle-lit tables, antique mirrors, framed art prints and gracefully draped curtains.
“Date place”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice place to go on date. It's in the middle of port jeff so there's a lot of stuff to do there. The food is good but it's a different type of Italian. Check menu before you go in because the food is different. I'm picky so I stick to my basic Italian meals. Everyone I no loves this place.

Riverhead, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Every time my husband and I go to the popular restaurant next door, we stop at Pasta Pasta and look at the menu, and agree we have to give it a try next time. Yesterday, 7/29/14, we followed through. Usually I do my homework and check out the restaurant menu on line; this time I did not because we had read their menu billboard in the past. The billboard was not up when we arrived for lunch early afternoon. The decor borders on fancy so it was financially intimidating. There are three dining rooms, the largest appearing to be for catering, and the smaller two on the other side for dining. There were maybe 4 or 5 occupied tables leaving approximately 16 tables not. Instead of hearing lovely Italian music, they played soft rock. As soon as we were seated by the hostess, one server rushed over to take our drink order. (I had not even put my handbag down.) Once looking at the menu, it did not reflect the prices their billboard portrayed. Within 2 minutes after she took our order, the other server came to take our lunch order. My husband told her we were not ready, and asked her to come back shortly. We decided to order an appetizer first and order lunch afterwards. As my husband gave the server our appetizer order, he explained we would be ordering our lunch choices after we were done with the appetizer. As soon as she took the order, she asked about our lunch choices. My husband and I looked at each other and he told her again that we would be placing the lunch order AFTER we were done with the appetizer (for 2). She said she could take the order now and wouldn't bring it out until after we were done with the appetizer, We declined. The stuffed clams were stuffed, but there was only a mild hint of clam influence because they were overstuffed with bread. The bacon-wrapped shrimps were a little salty, and the shrimp was over cooked. The wasabi calamari was very tasty. When done, we ordered the baked chicken with linguini and the bowtie pasta with shrimp and asparagus in a creamy pink sauce. Our meals came right away. My husband's linguine were over cooked and the chicken was dry. The creamy pink sauce was not pink, and not creamy as it had the consistency of regular milk. This lunch (I drank bottled water and my husband had 2 bottles of bear) totaled $67.15! After we got home, I experienced stomach cramps and nausea. I then went on line and read the reviews. I was shocked there was an abundance of good reviews! We were shocked! Somewhere in the midst of the good reviews was a small bad review that we felt more accurately depicted our experience.

• Visited July 2014
Saint James, New York
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was hoping for a great meal. I was underwhelmed. The food is okay. Small restaurant is a cute date place, a bit dated but certainly not worth a return visit. This is upsetting because this is close to my home and could have been "my spot". Too many great Italian restaurants out there to get a mediocare bowl of pasta. Next....

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Reliably Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've been here several times, lunch and dinner. Always a great meal, good service, attractive space. Even the reception area is relaxing and the smart management team has added additional seating so no one waits on their feet. I've been here with my husband, social and business acquaintances - always a good choice!

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Great!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant and it is quite lovely inside! Their service is outstanding and so is their food!!! We will definitely be returning!