“Cozy Italian”
Review of Pasta Pasta

Pasta Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 112 (Main Street)
Description: Port Jefferson's Favorite Restaurant for over 20 years We offer an eclectic Italian menu with some traditional Italian and some Asian twists. Romantic atmosphere, great friendly service and Great Bread!! Welcome to Pasta Pasta in the historic water town of Port Jefferson. Pasta Pasta in its 20th year in business has become one of the premier restaurants on the North Shore. More than just PASTA; executive Chef Steven Sands and his talented staff offer a diverse menu featuring chicken, steak the freshest fish available and of course our innovative pastas and pizza. Decorated in the casual and comfortable style of a Tuscan villa, the dining rooms boast light wood accents, vases filled with fresh flowers, candle-lit tables, antique mirrors, framed art prints and gracefully draped curtains.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great place to go especially around the holidays! The interior is decorated warmly, tables are cozy and lots of cute shops nearby for before or after your meal. Delicious Italian cuisine both traditional and unique. Plenty of dishes I would like to try in the future, we will be back!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

the italian side in me had to stop by and give it a try. Delicious food i specifically enjoyed the meat sauce. Will be back!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Heavy entrees with large portions but mostly quite well prepared. Somehow all the veal ends up being breaded and the pasta is a bit overcooked but it's a good value for the money and 1 dish might be plenty to feed 2 people. Wine list was surprisingly good and well priced.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The low rating I've given is based only on our experience with the host staff during a recent visit.

We (my girlfriend and I) have dined at Pasta Pasta several times before this visit. We are sorry to say we won't be going back anytime soon. In previous visits and during this one our food and wait staff has been good which makes this review all the more unfortunate.

We arrived on time for our reservation during peak business on a Saturday night. I understand this is a very busy time for dinner but the purpose of a reservation is to reserve a table for your party to avoid waiting. Upon arriving our party was told we would be seated "momentarily" which to us means within 10 minutes or less. After waiting for about 10 minutes we noticed that two other groups also had reservations and had been waiting longer than us to be seated. After about 15 minutes of waiting and no word form the host (there were two staff members and a male host who seemed to be in charge) I asked how much longer we should expect before being seated. I was told we were next in line and as I walked away the male host conversed loudly with the other staff about how impatient I was since I was asking about our reservations after only 15 minutes of waiting. Not wanting to spoil our evening I pretented not hear this and continued to wait another 15 minutes before our party was seated. Already annoyed we arrived at the worst table we could imagine in the center of a busy walkway, my girlfriend was constantly being bumped into by servers and patrons and our table size wasn't large enough to accomodate 4 people (thank goodness we weren't interested in appetizers).

Our waitress was great and the food was fine (especially the warm bread with vegetable butter) but the service from the front of the house staff was bad enough that we won't be returning anytime soon. Our party agreed that a simple polite update from the host explaining that they were running behind would have alleviated much of our frustration. If you have to dine here avoid busy nights of the week (weekends) and expect to wait even with a reservation. In my experience there are a few other good restaurants in the area that hold tables for their reservations and treat their customers better.

2  Thank js0814
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had the Black ravioli filled with lobster
In a creamy plum tomato sauce with fresh asparagus
It was good. 4 Star
and Rigatony ala vodka With Prosciutto, Plum Tomatoes and Scallions in a Pink Vodka Sauce It was good 4star.