“Fifth Season Rocks”
Review of The Fifth Season

The Fifth Season
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fifth Season is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mariners Way
Description: Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have eaten here four times including once with a group of 13 people. Service, food, wines were all excellent each and every time. Not an inexpensive restaurant but reasonable prices for its quality.
You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ate at 5th season in the midst of hurricane Andrea. Lotsa rain. Not many patrons because of the weather. This was our 1st time eating here & it won't be the last. Everything was very good....the food, the atmosphere & a very friendly wait staff. There was a limited menu but whatever was ordered was really good. Enjoyable evening.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was our first visit to Fifth Season and we will be back! We took the opportunity during restaurant week to visit this restaurant. The decor is light, bright and tasteful. Everything was so professional, from the hostess to the person that brought the bread basket, down to the food runners. We had a waiter, Ed, that was very knowledgable in each dish and helped us make our decisions based on his description. We started with a chopped salad. It had smoked blue cheese, pecans, strawberries, lettuce and a great wine vinegar dressing. I had the home made fettuccine with asparagus, delicious and remarkably light. My fiancée had the cavatelli and duck, he just about licked the plate! For dessert I had the coconut panna cotta and he had the chocolate flour less cake, we were not disappointed! Music playing in the upstairs bar, very good. Can't wait to go back!!!!!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Friends took me to Fifth Season for my birthday dinner. It was absolutely delicious! I selected the price fix on Friday night. For $30 I was able to get an amazing app, dinner and desert. The asparagus with poached egg appetizer was heavenly! Packed with fresh herb flavor topped off with a perfectly cooked, fresh egg. The men at our table loved the pork belly app. Everyone was happy with their meal and their drinks. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Took my wife for her birthday on a Saturday night, with reservation through Open Table. Got a wonderful table with a view of Danford's and the harbor beyond. All of the staff have been trained well, were cheerful and efficient. The food was excellent, especially the Trio of Creme Brulee dessert. The only reason I didn't give the food a 5 rating was my wife's scallops were a bit cooler than expected. My Osso Bucco was wonderful.

1  Thank Barry B