“Always a Great Dinner!!!”
Review of The Fifth Season

The Fifth Season
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fifth Season is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mariners Way
Description: Local farms and waters are the inspiration for this New American restaurant that focuses on preparing menus using ingredients that change with each season. American microbrews and wines are carefully selected to pair with each dish our chefs create. Enjoy our House-Infused Artisanal Cocktails made with seasonal purees and fresh squeezed juices while overlooking the Long Island Sound on either the outdoor patio, upstairs seating or cozy lounge. Established in 2004 in Greenport, this Zagat top-rated restaurant for both food and service moved in Spring 2008 to Port Jefferson harbor.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been here several times for dinner and are never disappointed. We just had a Valentine's Day Prix Fixe dinner there on the 14th and it was incredible!! My husband and I both had the Filet Mignon. This was by far the most tender piece of meat we have ever had. The appetizers were just as tasty. Dessert of Red Velvet Cheesecake was a disppointment however. It was regular plain flavored cheesescake on a red sugary,odd flavored Heart Shaped Cut out cookie. My husband did not care for his Hazlenut Chocolate dessert either. These were definitely not as outstanding as thenrest of the meal. The atmosphere is very cozy. This is the first time we sat inside because we usually go in thensummer when you can sit out on the porch. We are already looking for ward to our next visit. The prices reflect the top quality,imaginative,locovore cuisine served there. The waitstaff is also very nice and professional.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by both the atmosphere and food, so much better than when it was located in Greenport.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had a family dinner(birthday) at this restaurant. I thought the wait staff was excellent. I had scallops and they were well prepared. Also drank a few Ginger Margarita's, very good drink. We had some young children with us and the wait staff was very attentive to their needs. Food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen. Overall a good experience and would recommend the restaurant to anybody visiting Port Jefferson.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Not sure why I haven't tried this restaurant before since I live in the area but shame on me. Had dinner during restaurant week with another couple and could not have been more pleased (especially since it was my recommendation). The menu changes with the seasons and tends to focus on local fish, meats and produce. This is something I really appreciate.
We started with some house specialty cocktails, all of which were excellent. Especially the cranberry Mojito and pomegranate-anise martini.
For apps., three of had the Peconic Bay Scallop special. This was a very special treat as these scallops, from local waters, are one of natures real treats. I was hoping that they would treat them with respect and focus on their natural sweetness. I was not disappointed. They were lightly fried, the key here is lightly and kept rare, and served with an Asian slaw the perfectly complimented the scallops. I had the duck breast for my entree, everyone else had the fluke special. My duck breast was cooked as ordered, medium, with nice flavor but I was a little disappointed that the skin was not crispy. The Brussel sprouts it was served with were nice. The fluke was excellent, not overcooked and very fresh.
Desserts were all good. We also had an excellent Pinot Noir from the very nice, unpretentious wine list. Overall an excellent choice focusing on fresh, local ingredients with friendly, knowledgeable service.

1  Thank cosmicdebris3
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everytime we go to Port Jefferson we stay at Danfords and walk across the street to Fifth Season. The food, atmosphere and service are really good. Restaurant week made it a steal.
My 2 cents: the duck was not great, the crab stuffed peppers were.