“Birthday Dinner down port”

Prohibition Kitchen
Order Online
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading many reviews here as well as a FB group, we decided to give this restaurant a shot. This is a great place to get some nice appetizers: the giant pretzel was awesome and the loaded baked potato egg roll was delicious! Though, the one app that was quite bland was the pork belly cornbread. My daughter and aunt had the captain midnight burger and these were just okay. My husbands G Man sandwich (glorified pulled pork sandwich with no sauce) and my dirty mother clucker (their claim to fame chicken/ donut sandwich) left us wishing we had gone somewhere else. I wanted to like my meal but couldn’t lie to myself. It seemed my mother in law was the only person who truly enjoyed her meal- chicken and waffles. We decided to skip dessert and go for some ice cream elsewhere. I will say that our servers were very nice and helpful. I thought that the given entrees would have had a much better meal. I knew we were going for the gimmicks but unfortunately the entrees didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were meeting family at the ferry and wanted to do brunch so we stopped in here. The food was quite tasty, with large portions and the service was helpful and friendly. A nice place to go!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Place is great! Cozy and quiet for lunch. Awesome some food and fantastic service! We ordered the "pb &jelly wings" and the "mozz squad" as apps. The burrata was great. Wings were ok.
For the meal we got the "dirty mother clucker"(which was sinfully delicious) and the short rib taco special. Tacos were just ok (Small & overcooked).
The Side of Chips are also great.well seasoned,crispy & fresh.
Tips:
1-Try whatever the special drink is at the bar. Today was "giggle juice".
2-go hungry. We wished we had room for dessert, but there was no way. Definitely going back to try more.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

You should try everything on a donut! The sangria of the day was called giggle juice and it was delicious! We shared an appetizer and had two entrees and by the time we were done we didn’t have room for dessert. The only bad thing is the tables are very close together.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Let me just start by saying the reason they lost a star was because of atmosphere . I don’t enjoy sitting listening to the staff chat and watching them eat. That’s it minus one star. Take it out of ear shot of the customer , eat out of view , I don’t want to hear your stories while I dine, period. Its a small area .

The really good stuff: Very eclectic menu , large portions , interesting mix of ingredients and basically something for everyone. Vegetarian selections sound good enough for a non vegetarian to indulge in !

We ordered a Dirty Elvis Milk milk shake which was phenomenal and should be at 11 bucks. It was worth every penny for the aficionado of such decadent indulgence . See photo, nuff said. Donuts are available to substitute for bread items , if you dare, why not they’re homemade at their other location which is a gourmet donut shop down the street.

The take on the eggs Benedict with biscuits, smoked pork and chorizo gravy served with a plain multicolor Array of potatoes , cubed and fried was enough to share , rich and comforting , perhaps well have it again on a nice cold day . Potatoes could use an upgrade on seasoning .

I ordered the “grilled cheese “ ( 8 layer) but cant recall the exact menu name for it. This sandwich featured crispy , buttery sourdough slices with ripe tomatoes, bacon and 3 cheeses.: American , Gruyere and Burata. Personally i love burata but it didn’t work for me in the sandwich, so I pulled it off and ate it alone . Perhaps a horseradish cheddar or other creamy cheese such as brie might be more enticing. The grilled cheese came with homemade chips that were very good.

Overall it was nice to finally make it in after being turned away several times due to a 45 minute wait at the door. Good sign for sure , a bustling newer establishment , holding it’s own .

The menu changes often and theres also specials , but we were not alerted to them , and did not see the menu at the table till after ordering off the regular menu. No love lost , the regular menu has plenty to offer. I would suggest sharing some items as everything is very rich and portions are a nice size. It’s a relatively small place so getting in can be tough during peak dining hours but it’s a definite improvement to the Village and I see only good things happening there in the future . The restaurant is clean and so was the restroom . My guess is the back of the house is clean too.
Kudos on a new place that the town desperately needed, we’ll return soon .

Date of visit: August 2019