“Great Views, Nice Service, Delicious Food”

WAVE Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
WAVE Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Dining at Danfords is an experience like no other: one that delights your palate as you soak in the sights of the spectacular Long Island Sound. Our new WAVE Seafood Kitchen offers upscale seafood cuisine and a farm to table concept with fresh local produce and regional catch as the driving force. WAVEs hip lounge offers a more relaxed adaptation of the regular menu and seasonally-inspired cocktails so there's something for everyone at Danfords. Perfect for that special celebration or for a treat any day, we're open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day - and on Sundays for our famous brunch. Come see what's here for you.
Port Jefferson, New York
“Great Views, Nice Service, Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I came here with some friends I was a little nervous since it is a seafood restaurant and I am not a huge seafood fan. But I was happy to see they had some other options. I got the fried chicken and it was delicious. My one friend got the Lamb T-Bone. I tried it and it was also really good. After dinner we ended up splitting the chocolate cake and I had a mint chocolate martini (decided to splurge a little). Overall our server was really nice and answered all the questions about the menu, especially since we didn't know what to get for desert. I think the next time I go I'm try the homemade icecream, the table next to us go it and it looked so good. After dinner we then walked around Port Jefferson and it ended up being a nice night out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“About as bad as the hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food was just OK and nowhere near worth what they charged. Beer and wine menu hasn't been updated in a while. The server was more interested in hitting on his coworker than doing his job. The pianist was good and was the high point of my visit. The restaurant and the hotel are overrated and very tired.

Visited July 2014
Long Island, New York
“Delicious Food; horrible service and poor treatment by management”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This review is a tough one to write. We went to WAVE for my son's 18th birthday. We sat outside on a beautiful evening overlooking the marina. I want to first say that the food is delicious. However, that being said our waiter was awful. Right away I knew there was going to be issues when he had an attitude from the start. I felt as though our table was being ignored. We seldom saw him. Upon ordering, I asked for the tuna dish on the menu to be made plain, not an unreasonable request. It was wrapped in seaweed which I do not care for and it is salty. I am not allowed to have salt. The waiter told me "no". Now the manager came by and explained how the fish was prepared early in the day. I was okay with this. So, I explained to him my salt issue and he assured me that it was not a problem. I ordered the salmon, plain grilled and the sauce and vegetable on the side. When the dish came the salmon was sitting on the vegetables and was in sauce. I sent it back and it came to me two minutes later still in the sauce. I explained what the kitchen did and the waiter told me I was wrong! The fish was swimming in oil and a dark sauce. Again the manager came by and told me no problem. Meanwhile my poor family is sitting with their food as it is getting cold. The salmon came and it was very heavily salted. Not only could I taste it but see it and feel it as well. The manager came over again. He told me there was absolutely no salt on it. He went so far as to tell me he tasted it and that, that is the way the salmon is. He assured me if it was to be remade it would come out the exact same way and was unwilling to prepare anything else for me. This was my son's birthday dinner, I felt just awful. I kindly asked that the kitchen give it one more try; against what he wanted to do, the manager made me another piece of salmon. It was cooked perfectly and was delicious. This is very poor customer service. I will not be going back here anytime soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had lunch with our family which included two young children and the staff were very helpful getting us settled. Drinks service was good and the food orders taken quickly. One of us had the panko crusted cod, another a hamburger, the others a salad and sandwich each. The child menu is fine and the portions adult sized. The child food arrived promptly but the adult food was slow in coming though the restaurant was not particularly busy and the staff did apologise for the delay. When the food did arrive it was considered tasty by all of us and the portions the usual over-generous. Despite it being a hot day, the location catches the breeze and the abundance of umbrellas ensured we were not uncomfortable. Not overly expensive for a seaside place.

Connecticut
“A Nice Place With a Few Flaws”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Four of us had lunch at The Wave. It was a beautiful day but a bit hot for eating outdoors. We ate inside and it was fine. OK, let me get to it. The food is good. We had the seafood chopped salad and the panko crusted cod. The view is very nice and so relaxing. There are some things that that occur that take away from the overall experience. The staff is very young and under trained. If you have questions about the food/wine waitstaff has to go to the manager for answers. The chopped seafood salad comes with scallops. One of the diners in the group can't eat scallops. We asked if we could have the salad and omit the scallops. We didn't ask for more of something else to fill in for the scallops. Our waiter went to the manager for answers. He came back with the managers answer. No, since the salads are all made first thing in the morning they can't make a separate dish. OK, seems a bit rude, but, we let it slide. Next the wine orders. Two wanted meritage. It was listed as $9.00 per glass. We put the order in for our drinks. Ten minutes later our waiter comes back to inform us they only sell the meritage by the bottle at $37.00. It wouldn't have been a problem if three diners wanted that wine. It would have been a bit much for two to drink that for lunch. We told the waiter about the per glass price listed. He went back to the manager again. Same response. No, can't make any accommodations even though the wine list clearly listed the wine by the glass. So, it was just not going to get any better. We didn't get refills on water until we asked several times. I think what this restaurant has is a lack of communication between the inexperienced staff and the unaccomodating manager. Too bad, because with a bit of effort and some polished people skills this could be a great place to eat.

2 Thank ARJACT