“Dont waste your time” 1 of 5 bubbles

Port Chester Coach Diner
Ranked #85 of 122 Restaurants in Port Chester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedarhurst, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I dont usually write this bad of a review, but i should've went off the other reviews i read l.
New to the area, went for a breakfast. We weren't even greeted when we walked in, waited to be sat, prob about a good 5 mins or so. Then seated we waited 15 mins before even talked to by waiter.... Should've realized at that point but gave the benefit of the doubt. When the waiter came he said "what do you want?" in a rushy attitude. When i ordered i wanted an omelet with eggs on side so the sautéed veggies were separate, not the most ridiculous request, but have never been turned before and told no that cant be done. So then i asked for things they have on menu like pancakes. And the children's menu, well he showed me the back of the menu which was all non breakfast foods. And then mumbled something, so i didn't pursue. After we ordered, before the waiter put the order into comp, we decided to just leave as cancel order. So my husband told the waiter and then the waiter went to the owner or manager and spoke about us in spanish and the owner said we are crazy in english. So my husband was standing right there and approached that statement and the guy again said we are crazy. And so we left.... Nothing good of this outing

• Visited December 2013

Rye, New York
“:(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had breakfast with my sister one day, but I don't think I'll be going back there. I don't not why but, I just didn't feel ok being there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Oana2103
“Ick”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This place used to be a fantastic diner. Now it is truly awful. Lousy service and the food just simply isn't good. Even the basics just are not up to par. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

Visited August 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Run away from this one.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Years ago this was a wonderful diner. You could go in a order many different kinds of fresh fish ( we don't eat meat) and at least 5 fresh vegetable sides to choose from, and they were beautifully prepared. We have since moved away and returned for a visit and thought we would have the same experience. It was appalling. The quality of the food has gone down and the prices have gone up. My husband thinks that the fish was frozen, pre-cooked and frozen again before microwaving it.. It had a very bad taste. I hope we don't get sick. The vegetables( if you could call them that) were overcooked frozen tasteless watery green beans with nothing on them. The baked potato had been sitting around for a long time. They used to serve delicious challah bread, fresh and hot. Now even the bread rolls had a frozen taste to them.

The place used to be filled with happy diners. Now it is pretty empty. Whoever is managing the place had better fix it or I predict this place will go under in the next year. I can see from the other reviewers that I am not alone.

A bit of advice to the manager. Don't cheap out on the quality and expect that people won't notice. Your food is inedible. Shame on you .

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank JoyJackie
White Plains
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Port Chester Coach Diner is showing its age a little, but that did not take away from the good food and friendliness. Large menu, good pricing and a friendly staff makes this diner one to stop by often. Big roomy seating is also a plus.

• Visited June 2013