“Very good experience - terrific food and excellent value”
Review of Inca & Gaucho

Inca & Gaucho
Ranked #57 of 124 Restaurants in Port Chester
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
NY
“Very good experience - terrific food and excellent value”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Overall this was a really nice experience. It opened with bread that were kaiser rolls. While this reminded be, actually was the same as, a regular sandwich roll, the sauces that came to dip were unique and very spicy and delicious. Sangria hit the spot perfectly after working on my house all day - and was followed by a very nice Uruguayan Merlot recommended by the waitress. It was a nice wine at any price, but at $17 a bottle it was even better.
I would recommend against the Mar y Tierra (Surf & Turf, or literally Sea & Land). The garlic shrimp came in a slightly heavy sauce which was too much for the strip steak. Then again I am a light eater so maybe this was just the wrong dish for me. Everyone else loved there main dishes.

Ceviche (mixed fish) was the highlight (although had competition from the desert). One order was more than enough for our party of 4 to share as an appetizer. Calamari, Octopus, 1 large mussel and 2 nice shrimp - we asked for it spicy but it wasn't to me.

Desert was terrific. I had the flan and tasted the rice pudding. I consider myself a rice pudding connoisseur, and this was the best I've ever tasted. Served warm so f you visit in the winter, this is a must have.

• Visited July 2011