“tiny with excellent Caribbean food”
Review of Cafe Mirage - CLOSED

Cafe Mirage
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“tiny with excellent Caribbean food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

THey may have 12 tables inside, and add more in nice weather on a patio. A stream with ducks is just down the bank, so you can watch geese and ducks as you eat.
Things my friends and I have especially enjoyed: jambalaya, conch fritters, fried oysters, oyster po' boy sandwich, duck and goat cheese quesadilla, crab cakes, walnut and gorgonzolla salad (enough for 2).
Wait staff is friendly. Gets crowded during dinner, but you can go early and get a table.
THis is tiny, unpretentious, and has good food. A fine place when that's what you're looking for.

• Visited December 2012

Norwalk, Connecticut
“great night out”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

tried out this place before a concert at the newly reopened Capitol Theatre based on reviews here. Was not disappointed. Friendly welcoming greeting as soon as we got in the door. Great food - we had the raw oysters app, grilled pork chops special with mixed mashed sweet & regular potatoes & spinach and the moules frites. They were on top of everything from start to finish and we liked the funky decor. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited November 2012
Greenwich
“Strange location - great food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the second time that I go to this place. It is very popular and it can get very noisy (that was my first experience). I went again on a Sunday night were the restaurant was not crowded and loved it. Service was great. These are my suggestions: get one of the salads and share between two or three people (they are BIG) and they are very very good. I had tilapia tacos and at 12.00 the price is perfect. The desert special was just Ok. but the wine was good (we had a chardonnay) and reasonably priced. Just avoid a busy night and make reservations. I will definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Luis R
san juan, puerto rico
“Casual dining with River views and amazing food!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

You might be put off by the weird entrance and wall of refrigerator drinks and wines in the dining room. This is a VERY casual spot but the good is anything but casual.
the butternut squash soup was amazing: creamy, subtle flavors. The clams wirh chorizo wirh scallion was nothing short of the best. All I needed was a loaf of bread..and the bread is teriffic..and that could have been my meal! Curry coconut chicken with rice was very good as was the barely risotto...flavorful and cooked to perfection. We had a coupon and were treated like special guests! The bread pudding was a special offer on Monsaythe but we were full. The server offered to pack a portion to go and I am Soooo glad she did: DO NOT MISS THE BREAD PUDDING! WOW! The best! Thanks for making our birthday dinner special!

New York City, New York
“Good Food in Unprerentious Place”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Eclectic cooking in an unpretentious place that is easy to pass by.
Staff friendly.Prices reasonable.