“Fantastic (again) !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acuario Bar & Restaurant

Acuario Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 122 Restaurants in Port Chester
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New Haven, Connecticut
“Fantastic (again) !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wrote a review after coming here in 2011. Just came back, and I was really worried, as I remember this place so positively, but there have lately been some mixed reviews. Well, this place was better than I remember. I went at 3:45 on a Sunday, and was shocked to find the place abuzz with people and a wait for a table! It was worth the wait... probably the best Peruvian food I've had. The mixto ceviche was fantastic, the tiradito ceviche (thanks zlina, fellow TripAdvisor reviewer for the recommendation!) was sooooo good, as was the shrimp and chicken saltado. My son loved the "chicha morada" a purple punch of sorts that tasted like Kool-Aid with spices in it. The service was great, and they were terrific handling the kids as well. I wish I lived closer so that I could come more often. Terrific food! Only downside is in downtown Port Chester parking can be hit or miss. And to the previous reviewer I say, Im sorry youre experience wasnt great, but yes this truly was worth 5 stars!!!

• Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nothing special here. The place smelled of fish, but not in a good way. The ceviche should have been drained so as not to have mushy fish but was not. The rice used in the paella was a cheap brand. I could go on. I always wonder about these reviews that rave about the food and give 5 stars. Takes a lot to get to 5 stars!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pelham, New York
“Acuario”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here with my wife, daughter and son-in-law on a Wednesday night.
Good crowd, but got seated right away. Nice ambiance.
Wait staff was helpful and efficient. Got our drinks right away as well as our meals.
My daughter ordered a vegetarian dish which she liked, my wife and I shared a lomo saltado and my son in law ordered a chicken dish with yuca and beans on the side.
Good size portions.
The lomo saltado was flavorful but not as good as I've had elsewhere. But pretty tasty.
Nice selection of beers including Peruvian beers.
Overall a nice place for dinner and was $47 for 4 (although we only ordered 3 dinners) including beers and a smoothie.

• Visited January 2013
Rye Brook, New York
“Simply Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The food here is consistently good. Peruvian cuisine and more. Our favorite is the Tiradito. Ceviche style seafood in a creamy lime sauce. Yum! The seafood paella is out of this world good and the portions are large even after sharing there is always a doggy bag. The bar is hopping with sports enthusiasts checking out basketball, baseball, hocky showing on two flat screen tvs. If you get lucky you might be treated to an occasional PPV boxing match. Two for one drink special always featured and the bar tenders are very friendly. Kitchen is open late until 11 p.m. I have not ever been dissappointed. Witin walking distance to/from the the Capitol Theater. Try it--you will like it.

• Visited December 2012
Port Chester, New York
“Best Lunch in Port Chester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My partners and I have a small business in town, and eat at Acuario whenever we have a lunch meeting. The soups are superb, the grilled shrimp and other light dishes are right on the money. They're always busy and they always recognize us and treat us well when we come in. I'm taking my family there for dinner tonight; I'll write about that experience.

• Visited September 2012