“Extremely disappointed”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Well, where do I begin, booked a tabke for a birthday party only to show up on time to discover my table had been given away to another party, had to wait an additional 30 minutes for a table. Then I ordered the grilled chicken, a simple dish, but it had way too much salt, felt sick for two days after eating it. My girlfirend ordered the ceviche which came with an unwelcome surprise, a hair! We were disgusted and will not return.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our friends took us to Acuario for our Aniversary, and it really made it a celebration. The restaurant has large windows facing the street and when we came in the shades were drawn to block out the blinding sunset, so the place was a little dark. However, it is very comfortable, and welcoming. The wait staff appears to be bilingual, Spanish being the main language, but they have no difficulty understanding you or you them. We started off from the amazing list of appetizers with, fried calamari, a light delicious crust, served with an onion salad and fried yucca. Then the Choros ala Chalaca, mussels covered with a fresh salsa, you can have them spicy if you are really adventurous, they were amazing. The mixed ceviche was just fantastic, a little spicy, but we couldn't stop eating it. If you wanted you could just come and eat the appetizers like tapas, they are large enough. But, we also ordered main courses. The girls shared a skirt steak, with two sides, perfectly cooked and amazingly spiced. My buddy had steak with seafood, he couldn't finish, steak served over seafood and stirfried vegetables, it was also delicious. I had a mixed seafood paella. The rice alone was delicious, then there was mussels, shrimp, clams, calamari, octopus, I couldn't finish, so it is lunch tomorrow. This place is a must do for Peruvian food, seafood, steak, anything you could want. The wait staff is fantastic, and the food is beyond excellent. I know I am raving, but so will you be after eating here.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Acuario happens to be my eldest sister's favorite Peruvian restaurant. She highly believes they make an exquisite ceviche with fresh ingredients.

We ate at Acuario on Tuesday, May 8th and had a very nice time. I ordered a "Cau Cau de Mariscos" which was very tasty and provocative in appearance. It was extremely filling.

My brother in law had a "Lomo de Mariscos", and to my pleasure, I took a bite of his meat. My, it was utterly perfectly seasoned and so tender. I was actually salivating from how delicious it was. That will be a plate I order in the future!

Lastly, sisters both had ceviche. I am not a fan of ceviche, but they seemed to enjoy it tremendously. How can I not enjoy ceviche and be Peruvian, eh? Quite mindboggling.

For a group of 4, we ran out of bread rather quickly. It would have been nice for the waitress to have provided more bread upon our sit-down. Also, they need to prepare "chicha morada" more often. I was disappointed that they did not have it available, thus I had to drink an "Inka Cola". We concluded the evening delighting ourselves in some sweet tasting 'tres leches" cake. It was delectable. Acuario is definitely a must for those interested in authentic and fresh tasting food.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have a special connection to this restaurant. My hubby had my milestone birthday party at this restaurant just a few months after they opened--almost five years ago. The oweners were fantastic, the food was amazing and the staff very attentive. That has not changed. In fact, they are the best Peruvian restaurant in the area. No offense,MAMA Acuario. :-)

Went in for drinks, yesterday and there was standing room only at the bar. Busy and vibrant bar scene, thanks to Candy. Their food service and presentation continues to amaze me. Their fish ceviche is OOTW, and their mariscada (sort of a seafood paella) could feed a small village. This restaurant is a must when in town. We bring all our out of town guests here. Not to be missed.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went with a friend one day to this restaurant that I've been to frequently. This time we sat at the bar, because the place was packed. The bartender immediately didn't seem very accommodating. This all started with a Sprite I had ordered which seemed flat. When I asked him for one that wasn't, he slid the can of Sprite towards me, then threw the coaster at me, for me to place the can on top. This gesture attracted the attention of other customers. I am appalled at the behavior of this employee and if he can't handle pressure, he is in the wrong line of work. His name is Ivan and because of him, I don't plan to return, nor recommend others to eat there. The food is amazing, but this kind of service is unwelcome.