“Delicioso”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Acuario happens to be my eldest sister's favorite Peruvian restaurant. She highly believes they make an exquisite ceviche with fresh ingredients.

We ate at Acuario on Tuesday, May 8th and had a very nice time. I ordered a "Cau Cau de Mariscos" which was very tasty and provocative in appearance. It was extremely filling.

My brother in law had a "Lomo de Mariscos", and to my pleasure, I took a bite of his meat. My, it was utterly perfectly seasoned and so tender. I was actually salivating from how delicious it was. That will be a plate I order in the future!

Lastly, sisters both had ceviche. I am not a fan of ceviche, but they seemed to enjoy it tremendously. How can I not enjoy ceviche and be Peruvian, eh? Quite mindboggling.

For a group of 4, we ran out of bread rather quickly. It would have been nice for the waitress to have provided more bread upon our sit-down. Also, they need to prepare "chicha morada" more often. I was disappointed that they did not have it available, thus I had to drink an "Inka Cola". We concluded the evening delighting ourselves in some sweet tasting 'tres leches" cake. It was delectable. Acuario is definitely a must for those interested in authentic and fresh tasting food.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have a special connection to this restaurant. My hubby had my milestone birthday party at this restaurant just a few months after they opened--almost five years ago. The oweners were fantastic, the food was amazing and the staff very attentive. That has not changed. In fact, they are the best Peruvian restaurant in the area. No offense,MAMA Acuario. :-)

Went in for drinks, yesterday and there was standing room only at the bar. Busy and vibrant bar scene, thanks to Candy. Their food service and presentation continues to amaze me. Their fish ceviche is OOTW, and their mariscada (sort of a seafood paella) could feed a small village. This restaurant is a must when in town. We bring all our out of town guests here. Not to be missed.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went with a friend one day to this restaurant that I've been to frequently. This time we sat at the bar, because the place was packed. The bartender immediately didn't seem very accommodating. This all started with a Sprite I had ordered which seemed flat. When I asked him for one that wasn't, he slid the can of Sprite towards me, then threw the coaster at me, for me to place the can on top. This gesture attracted the attention of other customers. I am appalled at the behavior of this employee and if he can't handle pressure, he is in the wrong line of work. His name is Ivan and because of him, I don't plan to return, nor recommend others to eat there. The food is amazing, but this kind of service is unwelcome.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

The seafood here is excellent, and we always enjoy eating here for both the food and the value. The service is friendly, if not as professional as in some places, and the atmosphere certainly feels authentic.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Port Chester has become known for its many restaurants. Among the profusion of Latino restaurants, most do not offer the kind of atmosphere diners from out of town might expect. Of all these restaurants, Acuario is the one that best retains the exotic feeling of authenticity, while providing an attractive ambience, without prices that take it out of the "affordable" category. The ceviche here is the best in town. My only criticism is directed at the excessively loud music.

1  Thank Limmson