“Really good”
Review of Tarry Lodge

Tarry Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarry Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Port Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Abendroth Avenue
Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

What's not to love about a moderately priced Mario Batali restaurant that actually cares about the food it serves? Mario's food is basic, often rustic, but done with the freshest of ingredients, made to order for the most part, and it doesn't disappoint. Tarry Lodge has a hodgepodge of rooms- but no matter. You come for the food, not the surroundings. But definitely, always, get a reservation. It is difficult to get in, even on a weekday night, without one. They are always busy. Once you try the food, you will know why.

1 Thank DKK77

Darien, Connecticut, USA
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of the best restaurants in the Fairfield/Westchester county. The food is always amazing and well prepared. The only two downsides are parking and actually getting a reservation/table, but those are marks of a popular destination.

2 Thank Daniel B
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great bar for a late afternoon drink or bite”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We didn't get any food, but it looked delicious. Had a great drink made with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with a very accommodating bartender in a lovely atmosphere.

New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Great food for any occasion”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have managed to eat here a number of times and have to say it's one of my favorite restaurants in Westchester. Not sure why it has taken me so long to write a review, except that everyone else's review are dead on.

Had the pesce mista and found the seafood interesting, though not my particular taste. We ordered the lamb chops and black spaghetti and both of the dishes were excellent. My lamb, which I wanted medium rare was tender and prepared in a way that even my wife, who dislikes lamb, was able to enjoy.

The wine choices are good, though don't let the price indicate which wine you'll like better. I actually like the firriato more than the barolo.

For dessert, we had the semifreddo and panettone, which were great.

Now I have been here twice before for brunch and have found their food excellent. Brunch is the way to go since you can still be seated without worrying too much about the crowd.

To start, got the carne and pesce mista, which was a nice mix. The $20 prix fixe brunch is worth it and they even throw an ok wine in for another $5. I actually opted for the brazino this time, though I had gotten the lamb, and the fish was excellent, though I wish they gave me the whole side. I posted a picture, so you can see. I didn't hear one complaint, except my boys wanted the pizza from Arthur Ave, but aside from them no one had a reason to complain.

• Visited October 2013
upstate ny
“Second visit”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Even better than the first time. Three very hungry diners and each dish was excellent . Memory served us well and we will return next time we are in the area.

Visited September 2013