“Great food for any occasion” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tarry loged

Tarry loged
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarry loged is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 122 Restaurants in Port Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Abendroth Avenue
Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Great food for any occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have managed to eat here a number of times and have to say it's one of my favorite restaurants in Westchester. Not sure why it has taken me so long to write a review, except that everyone else's review are dead on.

Had the pesce mista and found the seafood interesting, though not my particular taste. We ordered the lamb chops and black spaghetti and both of the dishes were excellent. My lamb, which I wanted medium rare was tender and prepared in a way that even my wife, who dislikes lamb, was able to enjoy.

The wine choices are good, though don't let the price indicate which wine you'll like better. I actually like the firriato more than the barolo.

For dessert, we had the semifreddo and panettone, which were great.

Now I have been here twice before for brunch and have found their food excellent. Brunch is the way to go since you can still be seated without worrying too much about the crowd.

To start, got the carne and pesce mista, which was a nice mix. The $20 prix fixe brunch is worth it and they even throw an ok wine in for another $5. I actually opted for the brazino this time, though I had gotten the lamb, and the fish was excellent, though I wish they gave me the whole side. I posted a picture, so you can see. I didn't hear one complaint, except my boys wanted the pizza from Arthur Ave, but aside from them no one had a reason to complain.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

upstate ny
“Second visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Even better than the first time. Three very hungry diners and each dish was excellent . Memory served us well and we will return next time we are in the area.

Visited September 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wonderful meal. We shared the "verdura mista" appetizer, which consisted of 5 different vegetable dishes. It was good enough to make me consider becoming a vegetarian. Also had pasta with bolognese sauce - the pasta was cooked perfectly and it was sauced perfectly too. Many restaurants drown their pasta in sauce, but this one was just right. Only quibble was parking - they do not have a lot or valet parking so you have to find street parking, which is bit of a pain.

• Visited October 2013
Goshen, CT
“Tarry Lodge Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went there very often as a teenager and it was by far the best pizza I've ever eaten...thin thin crust and small size .....this and another famous pizza place in Stamford, the Colony Grill were my favorites. But Tarry Lodge always has been the standard by which I have judged pizzas!!

• Visited November 2012
NYC
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything we ordered was delicious. It did take some time for sommelier to come to the table as well as our waitress. Once we ordered all was excellent. Only downside is that it is very loud! Enjoy

• Visited September 2013