“Another top restaurant”
Review of Tarry loged

Tarry loged
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarry loged is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Port Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Abendroth Avenue
Transit: Just blocks away from the Port Chester station of Metro North Railway.
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Another top restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great time b all
The fttuchene bolaginase is wonderful.
The pizzas are quite good.
Another place you must do

Visited April 2013

Greenwich, Connecticut
“pretty good overall”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had the cold octopus appetizer and it was so so. Could have used some more flavor, maybe even a touch of salt. I love the bread and olive oil with olive dish for dipping, but could you put some salt and pepper shakers on the table so I dont have to ask? Main course was a salmon which was ok overall but nothing special. What really shined was my wife's pasta dish that she was good enough to share with me. So good that I went back for lunch and had just that dish. It was spaghetti with artichokes and bread crumbs. Great and that dish alone will keep me going back. Service is great up until they take your order, then they seem to vaporize and have the lesser help bring the food out. Kind of pricey but over all ok. Very good but its not a 5 star by my standards.

Fairfield County
“Fabulous Food, a bit too loud”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I have dined here on several different occasions with friends, with the kids and with business colleagues. On several of the evenings, we were really stressed out by the noise, so/so service and cramped tables. But mercy - once the food arrives, its scrumptious and you forget how ticked off you were just a few moments earlier. On our most recent visit, we had clam linguini (excellent), chicken frances (utterly delicious), bolognese (yummy) and the pork osso bucco (heavy but good.) We started it all off with salads that were incredibly fresh and lively. I would have been satisfied even if we ended there. (I recommend splitting the salads because they're big and you need to save alot of room in your belly.)
All in all it would be a shame to miss Tarry Lodge - but beware if you don't like noisy bistro style restaurants!

White Plains, New York
“Excellent All the Way Around”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to Terry Lodge for an early dinner at 6pm on a Saturday night. Street parking is hard to find on a weekend, but the restaurant offers easy valet parking.

We had reservations and were quickly seated in the upstairs dining room. The restaurant is two stories with a dining room and bar on the first floor, and a second floor dining room with an outdoor terrace. The interior is an elegant mix of warm pastel colors and vintage lighting and tile work.

The menu has a wide variety of gourmet dishes of fish, wild game and beef. The free appetizer was soft and fluffy bread with olive oil and fresh olives. I ordered the Tarry Greens with White Bean Vinaigrette salad. It was a large portion of fresh greens and not too heavy before dinner.

For an entree, I ordered the Game Hen with Black Truffle and Insalate Primavera. I've had good game hen before, but this was the best I've had hands down. The meat was juicy, flavorful and a good size portion. For a drink, I ordered the homemade Tarry limeade/lemonade/blood orangeade, which was a fruity and refreshing cooler on a hot day.

The service staff was pleasant and not overly attentive, and the manager came by to inquire about our meals. For the high quality of the food, warm atmosphere and attentive service, the Tarry Lodge is a great value.

Somers, New York
“So Who's in the Kitchen?”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

After trying (without success) to get a Saturday eve. reservation since the much-ballyhooed opening (don't get me started on the snobby shtick of "we-only-take-reservations-exactly-one-month-in-advance-and-only-after-10AM"!), I finally scored for 7:30 last night. OK; so the names over the door are two food/wine celebrities, Mario Batalli and Joe Bastianich, which would certainly draw a crowd. Well, I can assure you that neither person was present last night (if they ever are.)
First, the menu is very unimpressive: mostly pizza and pasta, with a few pricey standard main courses. We came for a dual birthday celebration and certainly expected more from all the hoopla and the white-linen/crystal table settings; we were not looking for a pizza-after-the-movies night.
First thing we noticed was that the wine list (ONLY Italian wines), which covers the back of the one-page menu was bigger than the food offerings. Second thing we noticed was the prices: more bottles priced over $100 than under, with the "winners" topping out at $1,000 and $1100 a bottle. No, that is not a misprint. Wines by the glass ran to $20 per. Cheapest, were about $10, and very few at that price. (For a pizza restaurant, this is very pretentious, if not absurd.)
Two of us ordered salads to start, which came out in a huge heap of greens on the plates, but as far as I could tell, had almost nothing but a few white beans thrown on the plate for interest.
I ordered the eggplant caponata and roasted peppers, which the waiter neglected to mention were each huge portions, so we ended up all sharing them. They were both delicious and perfectly prepared, but they were meant to be served COLD, and they were. The hot food left a lot to be desired.
The lamb shank "special" looked good, but it came with no accompaniments but a little puddle of pureed parsely. (All "contorni" - side dishes - are extra.) It was not hot.
The halibut my husband ordered was so dry it was virtually inedible, but he did not want to send it back and make all of us wait for him to get a replacement, so he gamely ate it. (It was also barely warm.)
The two ladies I ordered the tagliatelle Bolonese, which came out in a swirled heap on the plate, already sauced with a very mediocre Bolonese sauce. The pasta was cooked properly, but it, too, was barely warm. Those dishes had been sitting for a while before they were brought to our table. Inexcusable.
The woman at the front desk was personable and friendly; but our waiter was not. He did not seem particularly glad to see us, and though he answered our questions about the food, he did not act very enthusiastic about the menu or any of our choices. It looked like he was just going through the motions.
Desserts were $9 each. We did not have any. Nor did we have coffee. The meal came to over $50 a couple, certainly not outrageous, but also not in keeping with the offerings or the preparation.
There must be at least 100 Italian restaurants within a half-hour's drive of our house; most of them are cheaper and have better food. So the ecstasy I read about really mystifies me. I can only think that it is due to some sort of misplaced hero worship.
Won't go again.