“Affordable, quality seafood”

Dining options: Reservations
Haworth, New Jersey
“Affordable, quality seafood”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Finding Gilligan's was like getting Christmas in April. I was skeptical based on the surrounding 'nothingness' but pleasantly surprised to find complimentary valet parking and bright and cheery Caribbean-styled restaurant inside. The atmosphere was casual and bubbly - there is a nice bar area and a huge dining area. Inside you could think you were anywhere in the tropics. I purposely used the restroom - it was spotlessly clean and sparkled with polish.
The service was friendly and welcoming - our waitress made us feel like she'd known us for years. The prices are excellent....there are many dishes that are for 2 or 4 people to share. The array of entrees brought out from the kitchen make this a no-brainer ...we WILL be back!

I've attached a photo of the Lobster tail clam and mussel combo that my husband ordered for $29. Considering I ate all of his mussels, I really didn't have to have ordered the Tuna medallions ($8.99 on the appetizer list but ended up being a full meal).

A cute feature, when the bill is presented you get to twirl a bingo cage and if your number matches the number on your bill, your meal is free. It's hard to win, but I must give points to the way it brings waitress, diner, and neighboring tables all together with the excitement.

Gilligans was recommended to us word of mouth...if you are anywhere in the area, I strongly recommend you go here.

• Visited April 2013

“Best fried calamari”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Been there many times but last time there on 4/28/13 noticed that their service have not improved at all. Hosts need to put in use more welcoming expressions. We sat at the table and no one went to us for about 15 minutes and place was not full. Seafood is good and very nice portions. Prices reasonable. At the same time they have the best fried calamari

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank abehache
Mt. Ivy, Ny
“Been here many many times”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Gilligan's has expanded over the years-still reasonably priced, big portions-I don't eat seafood but see HUGE buckets of "something" going by all the time. Sometimes a wait to be seated, but service and food is quick, ambiance really cute and at the end you have a chance to win your dinner for free. The Gilligan's by the water which I think is in the town is Haverstraw, is also good.

Visited September 2012
Highland Mills, New York
“fresh fish”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

very informal ,wait staff very friendly and knowable great place for a group fish is fresh and the beer is cold

Visited January 2013
NY
“Gilligans”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The parking is very limited, but they do have a valet. The valet takes up 90% of the spots. The food was not that great. The restaurant was very crowded and very loud. I can't say that I will be rushing back.

• Visited November 2012