“Hadn't been there in years......”
Review of Iron Horse Grille - CLOSED

Iron Horse Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I heard restaurant was sold but always liked the "adult" style room. We were so pleasantly surprised at the welcome, the service and the menu. We had such a pleasant and delicious dinner, that I made a future reservation for a couple of weeks ahead. Also a lovely surprise of being offered an after dinner digestivo on our 1st visit with new owners. So looking forward to a return visit with similar results.

2  Thank drinda1206

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our go-to restaurant to celebrate birthdays and aniversaries. Sorry to say we will not return. The new owner offered us a free brunch on the house after ruining our dinner. I made a reservation and he then reneged on the offer. Just plain weird. We won't go back.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner there this evening. Sorry to say it is not the same top notch restaurant food that we have enjoyed at the Iron Horse Grille for many years. It turns out that this restaurant was sold a few months ago and there is a new chef. The food has gone from 5 stars down to three stars. We had a conversation with a couple at the adjacent table. They said their experience with the taste of the food was also disappointing. On the positive side, the maitre de and waitress were very nice and tried very hard to please.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went last evening to the Iron Horse. Snow was in the forecast and I was the only diner, several good sized parties having cancelled for reasons of the weather. I ordered the Chardonnay that was available by the glass. I was not especially pleased with it and told the waiter who then brought me a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc to see if I preferred that. I told the waiter that I would wait to see how the Chardonnay went with the two dishes I had ordered - the timbale of Peekytoe Crab with avocado and the seared shrimp that was being offered on the San Antonio themed special menu. It turned out that the Chardonnay - a bit lighter and less "oaky" than what I like best - worked fine with the appetizer and main course. The maitre d' upon noticing that I had finished the one glass of Chardonnay poured me a second with no charge. The food was exceptionally good and the service and attention to my concerns was outstanding. This is likely my 4th or 5th visit to Iron Horse and my first since the change in ownership. It remains a clear choice when in the area and the benefits the restaurant offers to members of the nearby Jacob Burns Theater make it an even more compelling one.

1  Thank BobSSalem
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Even with a new owner, we had a stellar meal at Iron Horse. The new owner was extremely gracious and the Round the World special menu had some great flavors. Loved the BLT Lobster salad as a first course! Cannot beat this place for a local night out.