“All round excellent”

Iron Horse Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited over valentine's weekend after a snowstorm. The restaurant was packed and as others have noted, it becomes a bit cozy. As a former train station, the space isn't grand but it is warm.

The service was efficient, topped by the personal attention of the owner who recognized us as first timers--not as hard as it might seem since we were the only integrated couple. All the courses were good and the wine list was reasonably priced for a high-end restaurant. The deserts stood out. When we informed them that we had a $100 gift certificate given as a Christmas present, they graciously accepted it. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

There are newer reviews for Iron Horse Grille

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Best Valentine's ever!
The owner/general manager went out of his way to accomidate us. When I called there were no reservations left; but he offered to call us if something became available.
To my shock he called!!! That wouldn't happen in NYC
Food was amazing
Service amazing
Maitre'D was professional & accomidating yet not intrusive
I will be back on my next trip

Reviewed January 4, 2014

our favorite restaurant is no longer. Food was mostly very good, but not the same flavors and special twist with each dish. Minestrone soup was bland and could have come from a can if not for the wilted spinach on top. Mentioned to the management how disappointed I was… nothing done. Arctic Char was very well cooked but flavors ordinary. Pork chop was juicy and perfectly done.
Prices seem to have gone up a few dollars for everything. Appetizers were overpriced. House pinot noir was excellent. Service was attentive though they were pushing after dinner drinks.
It is above average with fresh ingredients and excellent service. But, over priced for lack of anything special with the dishes.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Iron Horse was recently sold, so when my friends from New York called and said they wanted to come up to visit and dine at the Iron Horse, I wondered whether we would be unpleasantly surprised by a decline in quality. No! The Iron Horse is still as superlative as ever - creative, unparalleled preparation and assiduously attentive service. It remains the best restaurant in town and one of the best in Westchester. Hey, when people come up on the train from New York City to have dinner, you know it's good.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding meal. The service was excellent, only to be out done by the food. I got to enjoyban appetizer, main course and dessert, plus a few drinks and I still managed to leave with my shirt thanks to the price fixed menu. Seasonal foods and specials keep the menu fresh and the customers coming back again and again.